I am shocked at my daughters behavior today

My 5 year old (be 6 in June) had the worst day in her little history today. It started off, she wouldnt listen to the nanny. She was told to get dressed several times before getting dressed. Then at school she was dropped off at the curb and refused to go in (the nanny stays and watched her go into the building with her teacher). She siad she wouldnt go in until the nanny left. THEN she told her "I will lock you out of the house if you tell my daddy I was bad today." .....so everyone was locked out of the house!! She actually went through with it! I dont even know what to think. She is generally very good and listens. I asked her if anything was bothering her but she said no. I asked why she was misbehaving and she said she didnt know. I am at a loss. You can tell your own whacky story or give suggestions on how to get some feedback from her...??

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 10:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• sounds like a 5 yr old I used to watch! Except with her-it was almost every day! I know in her case, her mom worked a lot and I had her and her brother 11-12 hours a day 5 days a week. She would always geive me issues with eating, and being absolutely horrid to her brother and jsut all out mean at times.
    I hope she grew out of it! (I quit watching them after about 8 months)

I would chalk it up to her having a day...and see how it goes. Hopefully, that's all it was
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I think there may be something going on. Kids are not always mature enough to communicate and understand their feelings and actions. If it continues I'd consider a counselor. But I'll cross my fingers for you that it was just an off day.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 10:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I am thinking something has to be bothering her. Maybe someone at school...or has the nanny been doing differernt things lately that maybe is upsetting your dd?
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• It sounds like she wants more attention from SOMEONE, you, the nanny, daddy, a teacher, it could be anyone. Don't stop talking!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Maybe the nanny was just an evil bitch?
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 10:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Could be she's researching to see what she can get away with, or something is going on w/the nanny. If it persists, find a psychologist (not psychiatrist) and get his opinion.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 11:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• It isnt the nanny being evil whatsoever. If anything, she is way too leanient.
    ABusyBee

Comment by ABusyBee (original poster) at 11:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2011