Do you have a husband like mine or know someone who does...

He sits and waits for his dinner......like right now the kids aren't home, it is almost 10 and wants to know when I'm making his dinner and what I will be cooking........I just get so annoyed with this, I wonder what he would do if I just sat here and said " what are you making me to eat"?

alotleft2do

Asked by alotleft2do at 10:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• no and no. my mother always served my father and he never cleaned a dish as long as they were married. my husband was a chef for 10 years and when we moved in together and had our first dinner he cleaned his dishes off the table, i was floored!! i would tell him to get up off his butt and make himself something.
    poshkat

Answer by poshkat at 10:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• No, my SO asks if I had something I wanted to make or if he should make something. He always wants me to cook but it's not because he's lazy or thinks it's my job it's because I'm a much better cook lol he will cook for me though when i don't feel like it.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 10:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• No way! Thankfully my husband will cook any meal..and he grocery shops. He'll do dishes too!

I would say, oh...I'm taking today off. LOL
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• No....I cook most days but if dinner isnt already cooked when he gets home from work (about 3:30) he already knows I don't plan on cooking anything that day so he'll ask me what I want him to make or if I want some fast food....if I tell him I'm not hungry then he'll rummage around and find something to eat...this is rare though since I do try to make something everyday
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• pretty much, I always feel like such an ass when I get b*tchy about it too.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Nope, we both love to be in the kitchen. He makes more meals than I do. He ran a restaurant for many years and loves to create intersting meals. We wait on each other depending on our schedules and day.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My hubby does the cooking in our home : (
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 10:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I've had the conversation about that with my husband already. He claims he does not expect dinner every night, yet I get the "What's for dinner?" question from him and moreso (every day) from the kids. Ok, so if I didn't make dinner every night and have it on the table at 6pm, guess what, we'd be waiting until 9pm to eat.

Let's say I randomly did not make dinner because it is "not expected". First he'd have to realize I wasn't going to make anything (7pm). Then he'd have to decide what to make (8pm). Then he'd have to make it and we'd eat about 9pm. Since I don't want to put up with that, I make dinner by 6pm almost every day and if I don't, I tell him to do it (rather than wait).

Your husband is stubborn if it's 10pm and it finally pops in his head to ask you, yet it does not pop in his head to get off his butt and either take you out or make something for the both of you. You need to have a talk with him.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 11:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My husband doesn't pressure me to cook for him, but he won't really eat unless I do lol. If I don't make something he goes and gets some crap out of the cupboard (sometimes... sometimes he just starves). He DOES get really shocked sometimes when I pull the "What's for breakfast/lunch/dinner" thing, though lol. He does ask sometimes, but not like "Hey go cook" just curious what I'm making lol. He DOES see it as my job but he's not my boss so he leaves me alone :p
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Sit across from him and say whatever you buy us?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2011