What did you guys think about the New York Senators comments about Houston not getting the shuttle? Houston we have a problem!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Space exploration is the least of our worries ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:15 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Never mind that Houston is home to NASA Johnson Space Center. Yep, New York totally makes sense. *eyeroll*

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:54 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I think the whole thing is silly, ESPECIALLY in these tough economic times!! Do Senators really have nothing better to do?! Regardless of where the shuttle ends up on display, will not "make or break" the reason for my visit! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• It is unfortunate that people will have to drive across the country to see it. What is the difference in NYC and Houston, except there is grass in Houston and you can see the sky in Houston?
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:18 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Exactly why I asked the question! You are my new BFF! I never understood all the hype. We need the $ here!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• "I say to Houston, when people all around the world, in London and in Tokyo and in Paris, Buenos Aires say 'Gee, I can't wait for my trip to Houston,' then you can have a shuttle," said Schumer.

Is this what you are referring to? It makes sense. Seeing a decommissioned shuttle is not going to be anyone's reason for a trip. They want the shuttles where the most people will see them. I'd rather visit NYC than Houston.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:09 AM on Apr. 16, 2011