Best pencil ????????

Moms out there, can you please tell me which brand of pencil is the best.

Almost all the pencils that I buy has leads that break off easily. In 2 minutes the new pencil is reduced to half size and gone the next day. Most built in erasers aren`t good either. Instead of erasing they're smudging my child`s work. I`ve tried push pencils & the click ones but they're all the same. I`ve tried buying a good mechanical pencil my kid is still having trouble.

My child prefers built in erasers it's easier during timed tests.

Thanks

Iamveryblessed

Asked by Iamveryblessed at 11:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• As a student (was only last in college 2 years ago, so it's not that long ago) I remember that the best pencils were the brand name plain basic yellow #2 pencils. (Forget the decorative ones.) Pencils also have to be sharpened "just right" so as not to snap off so easily. (Wear them down gently).

Erasers that are FRESH will not smudge, but a lot of the times since pencils don't expire per se, stores sell ones they have had awhile and the erasers get old. I ALWAYS check the erasers when I buy a thing of pencils.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• True--the name brand premium pencils are the best. They cost more but are worth it. And, it is always a good idea to have a few sharpened pencils with erasers because you just never know when one will break. Pencils are like that!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 5:31 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHICH BRAND I SHOULD GET??? SHE HAS A NUMBER OF PENCILS WITH HER ALL THE TIME BUT THE LEAD ALWAYS BREAKS.

Iamveryblessed

Answer by Iamveryblessed at 9:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2008