Whats next --- all schools close and

people pay for public school like you would a plumber !
teachers being basically forced to retire early,
more kids per class , less educational aide's for special ed ,
i cant believe this ,
it's happening in my school district ,
Is it happening in yours ?

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I live in Wisconsin. We are considering home school for our children. We are going to attempt public school- but we intend to give our children the best education possible.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Huh? Our schools aren't changing anything...my kids go to the private school in town though.
    Anonymous

• Not that bad yet, but budget cuts galore. It's happening all over the country because of strapped state budgets. States were stupid and went into debt when revenues went down. They should have been making an emergency fund when times were good like all of the financial advisors tell individuals to do. Now the Feds are starting to see their stupidity, too.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 11:20 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• yeah , im talking public schools
    letstalk747

Comment by letstalk747 (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Ahh, the joys of homeschooling.
    Anonymous

• my district tried to close the only middle school we have and wanted the 7th and 8th graders to integrate into the high school. I'm sorry but that is unacceptable to me. I would not have a 12 year old daughter in school with 18yr old boys nope no thanks. The fact that we are willing to accept that as an option is disgusting to me,
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 11:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• A couple of years ago, they cut the public school teacher back. From third grade on, they are only allowed one teacher per classroom, no teaching assistants allowed. Only K - 2nd grade is allowed two teacher. The only exception is the special ed classes. They have also talked about starting high schools at nine instead of starting at there current time. These kids are our future and they want to cut back in the education department? What do you think the world will be like in twenty years?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:42 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• The cutbacks in education are mortgaging the country's future . Education is an investment but I guess Americans don't want that kind of investment any more if they are unwilling to pay for it .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• If they would do a five year phase-out of the DoE, and let the states be responsible for piblic schools. Much better decisions would be made.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:35 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Nope. They are building two more school in our town. A high school and an elementary school. Our schools don't have more than 22 children and the SE system is great.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:22 AM on Apr. 16, 2011