I hate my thighs

They are huge in comparison to the rest of me, what are some good exorcises to burn fat and tone thighs? (I have 2 little ones at home and babysitters are kinda out of the question, otherwise I'd go to the gym :/

alinker

Asked by alinker at 11:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• i hate my spare tire-gut and hips
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:20 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• some gyms have childcare while you work out for free or cheap. just a thought.

Unfortunately you can't really target weigh loss to one area, But a good exercise habit of cardio and strength/resistance training should show improvement over time.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 11:20 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i have the same problem! and with toddler twins, even though my gym has a daycare its hard to get there. i'm getting a bike trailer soon and it converts to a jogging stroller the best part is its only $130!!!
    its the instep quick n EZ bike trailer. I can't wait to get it. biking is SO good for your legs
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• You can't spot-lose weight, but you can lose fat overall. If your thighs are your heaviest spot, they'll lose most dramatically. I've started running, and it's made a huge difference. Eating clean has as well. Here's a link to my journal about clean eating.  I've lost 58 lbs so far eating clean, running 3 days a week, biking 2, and doing strength training 3-4 days a week.

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I live on a military base and have access to a gym but none of the gyms off base or on base have childcare. And because I live in a military town and there is a high demand for childcare, people kinda rape you on the prices... I definitely would like to start running (never ran a day in my life so definitely a beginner, I just need a stroller I can run with) Any tips on how I can begin running without killing myself? (I'd ask my hubby, a marine, but he's so tired after work and usually doesn't get home until dinner )
    alinker

Comment by alinker (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I understand. I am a stay at home mom too. After having my daughter I lost weigh everywhere but my stomach. Its true...unfortunately you cant lose fat in just one area. So this is what's working for me....toning exercises(muscle burns fat faster) and cardio. You can find a variety of dvds that will give you cardio and the tone youre looking for. You dont need a gym.

I'm also using Fiberwise, to help me stay full,Vitality for Women vitamins for energy & Access Nutrition Bars that help me turn fat into fuel during my workouts. And Im back into m pre-pregnancy clothes! I know you can do it:)

I'd love to share where I got these products from. Just let me know if youre interested.

Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 1:03 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Try Liposculpture it's a littel pricy but fast and out patient procedure
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• For the running, I started from scratch. I was in AWFUL shape. I started with a 2 mile route, and I would run a block, walk a block. Then I built up to running 2 blocks, walking 1, and I continued to go up from there. Once I was running most of it, I started to SLOWLY increase my distance. I still sometimes walk part, but it's run 5 minutes, walk 15 seconds, on a 3.5 to 5 mile run! I started in September. I've lost about 40 lbs since then!
    You can look on Craigslist for a jogging stroller. Much cheaper than paying retail. The Exchange may have a good price on a stroller. Check their website.
    Do you have a friend who can watch the kids while you exercise, and maybe you can do the same for her? I'm sure there are other moms on base in the same situation. Might work out well for both of you! Ask around. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:06 AM on Apr. 17, 2011