I got a new tattoo about 3 months ago..well i started getting jaundice last week

I also had the worst heartburn you ever imagine, it lasted likea week and i had a different color urine...grose i know no odor...just dark so I went to the doctor and he took blood tests and a EKG... they called me the next day and told me they want to do an ultrasound on my liver. I am going to go cause I wonder if i have a blockage, I am praying its not Hep...... If it is I dont think I will take the treatments...I mean its my choice, anyone familiar with this whole process or know anything about hep i would love to hear your experiences

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Health

• no experience on the subject. but good luck mama!
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Girl if you are getting jaundice its def your liver and having tattoos it will increase the chances of been hep my brother in law was like that after a piercing he got hep so take care and follow the doctors orders
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i don't think you'd be showing signs that quickly if it was from the tattoo...but i might be wrong. my dad has hep c and has for 30 years. he is doing great and shows no sighs of slowing down. gl
    froggyt11

Answer by froggyt11 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Good luck mama! Praying:)
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I got jaundice, I mean my skin & the whites of my eyes turned yellow but it was from gallstones. Do you have pain in your mid-section that feels like really bad gas pains? The blood work will show elevated liver enzymes so have them also do an ultrasound on your gallbladder to check for gallstones. Besides that, a simple blood test will detect Hepatitis. GL.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:18 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I was also thinking gallstones
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My daughter is dying because of untreated hepatitis she got 29 years ago. Follow your doctor's advise.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 9:45 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• well i am glad i checked here this morning i have an appointment to have an ultrasound but i dont have the ins. and was debating on not going since i feel better and my eyes have cleared up i still am not sure what to do...in the meantime no drinking for me
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:56 AM on Apr. 18, 2011