Dds behavior (terrible twos beginning?)

Her behavoir has been so horrible lately. Shes 19mths old. She gets mad for everything, especially if she dont get her way. She tries to hit or bite when you do or say something that makes her mad. I just dont know what to do or how to discipline her since shes small still. Any advice will help, Thanks!

mercy928

Asked by mercy928 at 11:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 1-2-3- timeout worked for mine and she was terrible at that age. She is just over 2 now and doing a lot better. Good luck!
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 11:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My youngest is 20 months now and does a lot of the same things. Part of it is just frustration and we just reinforce "No biting" or "no" whatever he is doing. I will redirect him to something different/less frustrating. I also talk to him all the time and explain things just like I would to my older boys, mostly out of habit but I think he understands! If your DD gets too upset try to remove her from the situation and just calmly talk to her or hug her and let her cry, unless she is trying to bite. Then explain why you aren't holding her, because she is going to bite you. They may not be too verbal at this age but they are beginning to understand alot. Good luck.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 11:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My little one is 21 months and started throwing tantrums about 4 months ago. Disciplining a child that small can be hard but there are ways, my son hits and sometimes bites, the one thing I have done that has somewhat gotten things under control is to tell him no, its not nice and sit him down, like a timeout for 1 minute, if he insists on getting up I just return him back to the same spot until we fingers crossedaccomplish a whole minute. It does sound alot like my son does now, I think it is the beginning of the "terrible twos", no fun. Good luck

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 11:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Thanks, these are some great tips. i will try them when she acts up.
    mercy928

Comment by mercy928 (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• my son is 16 months and just started acting like this
    dezz0922

Answer by dezz0922 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• get the time out chair asap...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• well remove her from the situation or timeout in like a chair or what i did also and the program early on was at my house at one time when it happen and they said that was a very good way to handle it when he was throwing a fit and crying he had to go to his room til he stopped and the door could even be open but until he was done thats where he stayed and due to the young age you need to make sure the minute they stop the come out
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 6:34 PM on Apr. 17, 2011