Sinus draining and chest congestion

I have terrible allergies and sinus issues in general. A couple of weeks ago I had a bad cold that I thought was turning into a sinus infection, but thankfully it didn't. Since then, I've had HORRIBLE chest congestion, way worse than I can remember having in the past. I blow my nose like every 5 minutes, but it doesn't help and now my chest aches and it hurts to breathe. I've been having worse sinus draining than normal, and it's worse when I sleep. Is there any way to prevent this, or lessen it, and clear some of this congestion up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Health

• sometimes its less the congestion as it is inflamation... maybe try some anti-inflamatory meds to take down swelling in the airways?
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Do you hear like a rattle or wheezing when you breath? Don't want it to turn into pneumonia or something. I usually take Claritin to help dry up my sinus's for draining. Also I get saline spray for my nose and take like an Advil or Excedrin for the aches. If you can, get checked out at the doc's office. Sucks to suffer with a cold =(
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• There's usually not rattling. The only time I hear it is when I have a coughing fit and (sorry for the TMI!) start coughing up some phlegm. I feel fine except for the chest ache (which is new, it just started today) and coughing some, but I think I will try taking something for the ache.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Have you tried mucinex?
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 5:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yeah, I've been using it for a few days now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Try a neti pot for the sinus problems, mucinex for congestion. If high temp, call doc.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 9:44 AM on Apr. 17, 2011