Did Clomid work on your first try?

I barely ever have a period. i go with only having maybe 4 a year. My fiance and I are trying real hard to have a baby... after years of trying we finally went to the doctor. She put me on Provera for 2 weeks to help me start my period. Then when i started i had to take Clomid for a week. Then she told us to have sex every other day for 2 weeks. I am real nervous. Garrett says i always think negative but i just really worry that its not going to work. My next period should be in about 2 weeks.. i took a test yesterday and it said negative... but my sister said it was to early to tell. Has Clomid worked on anyones first try??

sashes4x4

Asked by sashes4x4 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Not me...but, of course, IUI and IVF didn't work on me either. Good luck.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Thanks. I have been feeling a little sick to my stomach... and garrett keeps getting his hopes up.. but i think its just my nerves
    sashes4x4

Comment by sashes4x4 (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• It did for me, but I miscarried. :(
    GothicChk52

Answer by GothicChk52 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I hope it works for you. I'm wondering the same question. I'll find out if it works for me by early May, I guess. I wish you the best of luck :)
    Sweet_Memoriez

Answer by Sweet_Memoriez at 2:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• GothicChik52 im so sorry to hear that... i really pray that that doesnt happen for me....

Sweet Memoriez i really hope it works for you.. i should find out either the last couple days of this month or the first few days of next month
    sashes4x4

Comment by sashes4x4 (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Clomid worked the first time for me, but we miscarried too.
    mlawson803

Answer by mlawson803 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• wow... now yall got me even more nervous.. im already so nervous about it working.. now im nervous about miscarrying
    sashes4x4

Comment by sashes4x4 (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• It didnt for me! We tried for years on fertility pills and shots! They had then told me there wasnt a chance for us, almost a year later We thought about looking into the In Vitro process and went in for our consultation and found out we were 4 months pregnant..so we used nothing and got pregnant at that point. We have a miracle baby!!! :-)
    Good luck though, I hope it works for you!
    designerjeans4u

Answer by designerjeans4u at 11:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• wow i wish it were that easy for me.. Every since i got off bc when i was 18... i stopped having normal periods. i mean, i went one year without having one at all.. after that.. i will go with only having one maybe 4 times a year.. i was married my high school sweetheart when i was 22.. we tried from when i was 18 till then and never got preg. we ended up splitting so i guess its a good thing.. now my fiance Garrett and i are trying.. have been for a while and it still hasnt happened. and im 26.
    sashes4x4

Comment by sashes4x4 (original poster) at 1:01 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• No didn't work for me the first time, or the second time or the third time...etc. I am currently on a second round after almost a year between. Are they tracking whether you ovulate with lab work or ultrasounds at all? Have you been tested for any other things going on besides not ovulating...you can ovulate but if your tubes are blocked it doesn't do a whole lot, also has your fiancee been tested...if he is shooting blanks no point in getting you to ovulate. Good luck hope it works for you!!

michcous

Answer by michcous at 3:34 PM on Apr. 17, 2011