What can I do to help my 3 year-old son feel better?

Both my daughter and I have been sick lately. We're both coughing and have a runny nose. Now my son is beginning to get sick, himself. He's been coughing a lot this week. I know I can't give him any medication, but what else can I do to help my son feel better? Please help!!

Mari6443

Asked by Mari6443 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Kids' Health

• About the only thing you can do is have a cool mist humidifier running near his bed at night.

We have gotten the okay to give our daughter 1/2 tsp of Claritin at night also to help with the runny nose, which then helps with the cough.........but I would not suggest if your Ped hasn't given approval previously.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• try to give him as much orange juice to get the vitamin c going. Make sure you wash his hands with soap and water alot. They say 1 tsp of honey will shorten a cold by 24 hours. Baby vicks and saline drops to clear a runny/stopped up nose. And lots of love and cuddle time.
    DLCarter2011

Answer by DLCarter2011 at 12:07 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• bath, medicine, vicks, in bed with a movie, love. in observation for 3 days or doctor visit...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 9:57 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Put him under a vaporizer after you rub him down with vicks to the chest after a warm bath. NO milk though. It makes it all worse. And give him his cute kid vitamins :)
    Mommee42boyz

Answer by Mommee42boyz at 8:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• They say if you put Vicks on their feet at night and cover them with socks it is suppose to help. You could try going to a health food store and seeing what they recommend. They might have an immune booster. Hope you all feel better soon. :)
    Blessingsof2

Answer by Blessingsof2 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011