Wedding Plans

I'm slowly planning my wedding that will be on the Fourth of July 2012.

My family...(myself, my mother, my son, my fiance) were granted a home from Habitat for Humanity and we have all gone out to work on our house, our neighbors homes and will be moving in at the end of this comming June.

Our backyard is going to be very small, but that is where I want our wedding to take place.

I have many unique ideas for the wedding but my only problem is...how does the transition work?

I want the ceremony and reception to be in the same place, maybe 10 people on my side, and 10 people on my fiance's side.

Should I have rows of chairs like a classic wedding or set up tables from the beginning where eveyone will eat their food?

(going to be late afternoon BBQ and will watch fireworks from backyard, we have a good view of the show)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Holidays

• If it was my wedding I would set the chairs up in rows.You could delegate certain people to move the chairs to the tables after the ceremony.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 12:05 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• have everyone involved take a vote, you could do either way, and then go with the majority. Just have fun with it, and good luck!
    DLCarter2011

Answer by DLCarter2011 at 12:13 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• b/c the backyard is kinda small, you might just want to seat them for the wedding at the tables.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 1:09 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• i'm having a backyard wedding too... i'm setting up the chairs in rows first for the ceremony, then we're having an intermission with some music, while the tables are set up...
    goodi2shooz

Answer by goodi2shooz at 1:24 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I think if the backyard is small that I would just go ahead and have the tables set up. But, look at your backyard, and see how you like it. Everyone will have a different opinion, and yours and your fiances are the only ones that really matter.

Congratulations and best wishes.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:36 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I went to a backyard wedding where they had the tables set up and it was very nice. There was no transition time because every- thing was already set up. Less stress for you in the long run. GL.

JeannieBee

Answer by JeannieBee at 5:56 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• i had an outside wedding at our friends home. and we had the ceremony in the front with rows and had the reception in the back yard. we set up tables back there and asked the guests to bring their chair with them. wasn't a big deal for them. The men mainly took the chairs for them. something to do for night time is to set up lights outside like hang those white chirstmas lights like drap them so that you can turn them on and you can still see everyone on the dance floor and take good pix/videos.
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 10:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2011