My niece is a spoiled selfish little...

I am so sick of my niece. She is 20 years old and she lives with her dad (my sister and her DH divorced a month ago) She doesn't work doesn't go to school doesn't do anything and her dad spoils the crap out of her and I just found out he bought her an IPhone and is paying the bill every month. Now I am PISSED because my sister has custody of the other two kids and he isn't even giving her enough child support to cover there basic needs but is spoiling the oldest one. They haven't finished the court process yet and once they do i know he is gonna be paying a lot more to my sister and the other two but, my niece has been posting all this stuff about how wonderful life is and pics of a bunch of new stuff her dad has gotten her recently and i just want to SCREAM at her to grow up, get a job or go to school. Would it be horribly wrong for me to try to talk to her? What would you say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• i think it depends on your relationship with her. like if yall are really close and stuff you could try to talk to her but if you arent then she wouldnt listen anyway
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:03 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• This is a tough situation and probably one better left for you to stay out of. Unless you are extremely close to your niece, best to just not say anything at all.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:06 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• We talk a lot and she comes to me with problems with her boyfriend and friend drama but I have never "let her have it" the way I want to now.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• How old are the other two kids? Why does her father give her more than the other two? I would leave it alone. It's your sister's place to tell him what he is doing is wrong. If she doesn't already know what's going on, she really needs to know. If you have to, show your sister her daughter's posts, this should get the point across.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:33 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Its not any of your business....
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 12:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• How old are the other two kids? Why does her father give her more than the other two?

The niece I am talking about is 20 the other two are 10 and 7 and I have no idea why he favors her more but, it really hurts the other two and my sister won't stand up to him. He is a bad guy (he hit her and cheated on her)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Its not any of your business....

They are my family. How can the welfare of my niece and nephew not be my business? I took a car load of groceries over to them because they didn't even have any food and he can buy the older one an IPhone..its bullshit. Someone has to look out for the other kids and my sis is to scared to talk to him about it.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:00 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• It is likely that the posts are to cover the feelings that she is going through. Facebook posts seem to be making everyones life look picture perfect. People do not air and should not air all the horror and pain of reality and a divorced parents.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:07 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I think your anger is misplaced. I think the father is the one to b piss'd at, I think there is some major manipulation going on. maybe he wants to show the other two what they are missing. That said, your sis should keep notes for court.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 2:50 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• tell your sister to get her ass to welfare-they will make sure he pays-pronto. meanwhile she can get foodstamps.
    make sure she tells them about the beatings-that's important
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 2:55 AM on Apr. 16, 2011