Father daughter dance

I have 1 sister and 2 brothers.

My mother had my sister and brothers with their father Tom.

They split and my mother had me with my father, Murphy.

During my life, my mom and I would travel an hour and a half to see my siblings and their dad for the holidays and during the summer.

My real dad first met me when I was 2 years old, then mom lost all contact with him. The year I turned 14 I finally found my father and we began talking and building a relationsip. The year I turned 16 my siblings's dad TOM bought me a plane ticket to spend Father's Day week with my REAL dad, Murphy.

Who should I have a father/daughter dance with at my upcomming wedding? Both?

I'm thinking it would be very touching to dance with one of them, and have the Dj again anounce, "the bride would like to share a dance with her other father"

Tom filled the shoes for Murphy my whole life, who to choose what to do?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• I like that =]
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:34 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Tom only. IMO
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 12:47 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I think you should dance with whoever you wish to... if you want to dance with both, then do it, cuz its YOUR wedding... don't let anyone tell you what you should do on that day...
    goodi2shooz

Answer by goodi2shooz at 1:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Thanks ladies =]
    I'm thinking "It'll all work out" by Tom Petty & the hearbreakers for Murph,
    and trying to find a good irish one for Tom. Once that irish music plays he's SOOOOOOOoooo happy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:02 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Dance with both. If you have a relationship with both of your dads then you should dance with both. I did that at my wedding. I had my dad and stepdad walk me down the aisle and I danced with both of them at my wedding. My real dad first cause even though he wasn't the greatest dad he has always been in my life and my stepdad 2nd just because he is a really understanding guy and he knows that my dad was always apart of my life. He even told me that if it would hurt my dads feelings that he didnt have to walk me down the aisle. My dad was upset but IMO I wasnt taking anythng away from my dad just giving something to my stepdad. I hope everything works out for you.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 9:44 AM on Apr. 16, 2011