My son got fired at his job for this?

He goes to work today after school (he's in the tenth grade), and his boss tells him that he was supposed to be there at nine this morning. His boss basically implied that his job was more important than him going to school. He told him , "I don't think so." Then he told him to return his stuff by the end of the night. What kind of boss would tell someone this?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• Theres got to be more behind it and since he is a minor you can call and ask about the incident. If what your son said really happened I would sue.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 12:52 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• They were probably just looking for any excuse to fire him and then got their chance. It's crappy of them to do that to him. Not exactly the easiest thing in the world to find a job, let alone be in high school and find one.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:56 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• if he's a full-time student i do believe thats illegal..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 12:57 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• His boss, I assume, knows he's in school during the day. That's called truancy if your son misses school for any reason! I would call the Labor of Bureau on this boss if I were you!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:59 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• a moron
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 1:03 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• In certain states, aren't there laws on what hours of the day children in school can legally work (as well as the usual limitation on hours?)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• It is illegal for an employer to schedule a minor within schooling hours, did your son sign a termination notice/statement?
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:27 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Does it matter? Do you want your son to work in such an environment? Not saying you should distrust your son, but I would wonder. It might be a story to cover up the truth.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:01 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• the boss sounds like an idiot and was looking for a reason to fire him
    alycia1988

Answer by alycia1988 at 2:20 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Sounds like there is more to be found out.
    mollgirl59

Answer by mollgirl59 at 7:28 AM on Apr. 16, 2011