MIL troubles do i have the right to feel upset or am i wrong in feeling hurt and upset?

So i told my mother in law what i was getting my DH for christmas (a game that would come out in November) it was the one gift he wanted and it's been a tradition that i buy it every year( a new version comes out once a year) so i told her and she said it was a great idea and i told her how i was saving up for it (told her in july) well we went down there in early november right before it was coming out and the day we got back i was putting the rest of the money on the game (you have to preorder for special bundles). The first night she asked me how my savings for it was going and i said it was good that i was buying it the day we got back so what does she do the next day we are in the car and she tells DH to expect it in the mail she bought it for him and told him she did so because she felt bad that he wouldn't get it WTH do i have the right to be angry or am i over reacting

I know this was a while ago but she brings it up in any argument saying i am a liar and never did anything for him .........ok rant over need advice and maybe a little support

krissii

Asked by krissii at 1:07 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• your MIL is a witch who is trying to compete with you for her son's affection... which is just sick... your DH needs to stand up for YOU in this case...
    goodi2shooz

Answer by goodi2shooz at 1:12 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• She's a b...... Purposely did it to outshine you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• WOW seriously. thats really effed up. shes super two faced. I would be hurt AND pissed. youre not over reacting.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:20 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My DH did stand up for me after a month of me being treated horrible by her he told her to respect his wife and that lying won't be tolerated ...her response .......cancel thanksgiving (her granddaughters first) and put off answering on if she was coming to Christmas only to come to our home the 23rd after only giving us 4 days notice and being pissed that i wasn't going to use the turkey i bought for the family christmas (my family and supposed to be her and her husband) to make the two of them a turkey dinner when we offered to take them to dinner they scoffed and said they would pay no need for us to participate in christmas argh some days i want to just sock her
    krissii

Comment by krissii (original poster) at 1:21 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• What a bitch!!!!!
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:24 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Honeslty, she's a bitch.

Why she'd sabotage you I haven't a clue but that is just flat out shitty. Tell her.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:56 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• id be pretty pissed
    alycia1988

Answer by alycia1988 at 2:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I'd be pissed, she sounds like a bitch and I am sorry you have such a pain in the ass for a mil.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:39 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• In the future do not tell her anything that you plan on buying your husband. She sounds evil. I'm sorry you are going through that with your MIL. Good luck!
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 9:05 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I have a friend that goes through this and last Christmas her MIL bought everyone really nice gifts and she bought her reusable grocery bags. Your MIL reminded me of this and they just have to plan visits there and let the kids visit often, but she just avoids interactions with her. I witnessed this at the soccer game last week. It was all small talk, but my friend said she is much happier.

Makes me thankful for having great in-laws. They are 1000 miles away though! :)
    f1tmama

Answer by f1tmama at 9:37 AM on Apr. 16, 2011