Lying?!?

my daughter is constantly lying about her uncle J. She hasn't seen him since x-mas, and she is constantly lying about "Uncle J got this for me," "Uncle J took me here" etc... Its hard for her to lie about him like he is a hero when he is NOT a hero at all... He sexually molested me when I was a kid and he abuses his kids (Don't worry I called CPS and told them everything but somehow he still gets to keep the kids...) How should I handle this situation. Should I tell her to stop lying or should I just let her do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You don't think he's seeing her at school or somewhere else when you're not around do you? I know it sounds crazy but these pervs have their way of getting to young children. Just thinking out loud.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:52 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• He lives in another state so I hope he isn't crazy enough to do that....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:55 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• How old is she? I would suggest you don't make a huge drama out of it; kind of play it down. It's more important to figure out why she's lying than to focus on the actual lies themselves.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 2:03 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Sounds like he made an impression with her at Christmas. Maybe a light hearted talk will help.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 2:05 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Imo. Lying is lying.....my son is younger but says the same about his uncle.......I try to explain how important it is to tell the truth no matter what....although it seems harmless I would nip it in the bud now before she gets much older and thinks that its ok to make up stories.
    MamaRudolph

Answer by MamaRudolph at 2:05 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I tend to agree with /kathy
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 6:45 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• i think i'd be interested in finding out why the lies!
    nikihamm

Answer by nikihamm at 8:22 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Maybe she just really loves her Uncle J. and wants him to do all this stuff for her
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 12:37 AM on Apr. 19, 2011