When a guy thinks hes being smooth, trying to get into your pants but you see through him

OMG GO AWAY SERIOUSLY.
this guy i've been talking to look so great "on paper" like we have A LOT in common and he's a few years older, in a good place (just graduated college, going into grad school getting a teaching job)
but he is BOOOOOOOOORING.
and i think he's just tyrnig to sleep with me.
i told him a while ago I want to take my next relationship pretty slow and i'm not going to sleep with anyone until im in a really commited relationship.

so we hung out once and it was pretty boring. he just keeps saying shit lke "we have a lot in common" "i'd like to see where this goes" just stuff liek that over and over instead of just talking.
and i get this weird sense from him like he's holding something back, or not acting like himself.

he lives like two hours away and he was up in town for a job fair for teachers and hes like "i think ill get a hotel room" and he just kept telling mehe was gettin ga hotel room. i never really responded to the fact that he was getting a hotel room but he kept telling me/mentioning it.
and then when i asked what he wanted to do when he was up this past thursday, he said "we could watch movies" whenever he had said a few weeks ago that going to amovie ona first date is pointless because you can't talk with the other person you cant get to know them. so i said "didnt you say you dont like movies as dates blah blah" and he goes "i did" and thats all he said about it
im like you jus twant me in your hotel room, im not retarded
theres other little things too, like, suggestive remarks. like

idk i feel like he's just trying to get into my pants.
am i off base???

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:55 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• I would trust your instincts, and in this situation they are screaming at u to RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:03 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Point is, you aren't into him. Tell him and he will no longer be SOOOO boring. : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• yeah totally trying to get into your pants and if he's that boring in convo imagine the bedroom!!! move on hun!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 2:02 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• @amberpaiz OMG YOURE SO RIGHT lol yeah I need to end this before he drags me on a real date lmao
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 2:03 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• You don't sound in to him. Let him go, don't want him to miss the right girl for him
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 2:19 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Hes trying to get in your pants. Let him go. If you REALLY like him ALOOOOOT stay, but dont let him get any for a while.....
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 2:39 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I think you are correct in your interpretations. He sounds like a high school kid trying to score in the back seat of his big brother's sweet Trans Am.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:11 AM on Apr. 16, 2011