Confession..sticky situation adult content

A work friend of mine and I reconnected this past fall. We always talked about life, our friends, relationships, etc. So we caught up and it was innocent at first, I gave him relationship advice, he told me the "truth" about men. Then he joked that we should run away together; I joked that we should let our SO's have each other so we wouldn't have to run away. It was still fairly innocent for a few weeks then the texts became "missed you today." ..."can't wait to see you again..." "I wanted to take you to my car...pull your hair"..."NEED to be w/you" then we began referring to our SO's as him and her, the warden, the ball & chain.

After several months pictures were exchanged...naughty pictures

When I felt guilty for being intimate w/DH (b/c it felt like I was cheating on my DWH), I knew it had to stop. I was one step away from calling out the wrong name and wrecking my own home.

Now, I'm pregnant. I know that I should end this but it's so hard. I don't want to be w/the other guy..I just enjoy our trysts. I haven't told him and I don't know how to or if I should? I am bound to run into him at the central office and I don't want him thinking I'm carrying his child once it starts buzzing that I'm pregnant.
I am 3 months pregnant and the affair has been physical for just under 2 months so it is NOT his (and we've been very careful).

How should I tell him (in person, on phone or text...)
Should I tell him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Break it off. I am the wife of a man who has been cheating. It is not fair to your husband. Talk to your DH. Work it out. But do not let an affair ruin your life and your marriage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• 4 things: 1) you said you dont' want to be with the other guy - okay, so tell him. To be frank, you were woman enough to start something with DWH, be woman enough to tell him face to face that it's over. 2) you enoy your "trysts" with DWH - well, why? what is it about him that you are missing from the real DH - does he make you feel desirable, listen to you , etc - once you figure that out, it will help you figure out why you cheated on DH in the first place and help you begin to fix those issues in your marriage; cause listen, being pregnant isn't going to be enough to save your marriage - you've got other issues to resolve - like trust and what will happen in the very real marriage you have; and 3) your baby - he or she deserves the best - not drama, not unresolved questions about their parentage, but love and caring from you and DH and 4) respect DH & your marriage enough to work things out if you can. GL
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 2:42 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• to be very blunt it's not going to end well for any of the parties involved and you need to be honest with him and be prepared for the backlash. and you need to really re-think the whole relationship with your husband if you did this now whats to say you wont again? you said so yourself you guys reffered the others as the ball and chain? is that fair to your husband? put yourself in his shoes. how would you feel beig called her or the old battle axe?? you need to figure out what you want and make it clear to all parties involved. period.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 2:09 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yikes, I can't hold a secret like that. I've never had an fair, but I did cheat on my high school sweet heart right after I learned of my parents divorce. I told him the next day I cheated on him. It was hard, but I never regretted telling him. Things happen in life, we are only human. Everything in some way leads to something better. I love my husband, life and children. For once I'm truly satisfied in every aspect. Do what your heart tells you to do. Break it off if you need to, tell your husband don't. It's all up to you. Good luck
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 2:17 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• mksers you were smarter than she was in high school!! i can understand doing something like this in high school and in your situation but she is married and you explained it well you are happily married she is obviously not if she is looking elsewhere.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 2:20 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I haven't logged on in a bit, but we broke it off. ^(Amberpalz)^ Don't be so quick to judge...it could happen to anyone in an unhappy situation. I may be selfish but I'm far from stupid/dumb, so let's not throw sticks and stones. It's a lot easier to tell a boyfriend in high school that you cheated. After all what do you have to lose other than his number and class ring?! Anyhow, I know my husband is the father, I was pregnant before I ever started sleeping w/DWH Even so, if there was any doubt if the baby wasn't my husband's it'd be half white!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:14 PM on May. 3, 2011