A question about pain I've experienced all of my life. Anyone have anything simliar?

I hope this makes sense. I'll try to be brief but detailed at the sametime.

ever since I can remember I have had this severe pain in my left lower back. (I will include a picture) it feels like tight muscles.

If i stretch just the right way the tightness looses a little and momentairly feels better. but the pain in that area makes my entire left leg ache all the way from that point down through my thigh.

it hurts to walk on it, there are times i cannot put any weight on that leg there are times i cannot sleep because of the pain.

i have had xrays for arthritis. i have been to doctors multiple times, and they dont know what it is.

they said its not fybromyalga (sp?)

i dont have medical insurance right now so I can't go to the doctor for it.

I dont really hope out hope that I will find a cure, but I am very curiuos as to what could be wrong. there has to be something going on because its the same pain i have felt since I was at least 8 years old. in the same place. it has gotten worse since I got older, the pain has gotten more intense.

and its just that one spot on the left side.

anyone have anything similar?

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 3:00 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Health

• 5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 10:49 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I would see a chiropractor I saw one two years ago it really helped.
    lilmommy10805

Answer by lilmommy10805 at 3:08 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• your legs could be different lenghts which would cause you to favor one side over the other. That would cause pain because you are using muscles not intended to be used that way, or your spine could be curved. I agree with above, go see a chiropractor, you can usually see one inexpensivly when you tell them you have no ins...good luck
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:22 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I have the same problem and they told me that my hips are rotated. One side is up higher than the other so I'm uneven.
    Mrs_Reynolds

Answer by Mrs_Reynolds at 3:39 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Or in could be your syatic nerve (I spelled it how it sounds, not sure of spelling, sorry) My husband went through the same thing for years until one day he was unable to walk. He's better now.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 4:23 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Back pain is never fun! Here are a few suggestions for you. The other suggestions are very good and all can be possibilities of the root cause. Chiropractors are very good - so if you've never been to one, do some research on the ones in your area. Also, massage therapists may be able to help. Depending where you live, for $50 you can get an awesome massage and if they are good, they will stretch and "adjust" your joints and such - not like a chiropractor would do - but close!
    Quite honestly, inbetween my massages, I do Yoga for an hour every day. The gentle stretching and postures put my spine and hip joints into a good allignment. Trust me - I know back and hip pain! If I stay on routine, I'm good, but if I miss too many days, the pain comes back with a vengeance. I've also found a few supplements that help. If you are a tea drinker - put your hot tea bags on the spot. The heat and moisture helps.
    mrslabel

Answer by mrslabel at 7:42 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• It is not quite the same but my son has had back problems his whole life. He has been told by his doctor to do stretches and back exercises a few days a week even when he feels pretty good. You might look online for some back stretches/exercises for that area of your back and try them. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:15 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• i agree with the see a chiropractor suggestions!!!
    they are worth their weight in gold!!!
    without insurance, you may find many that have reasonable cash rates.
    ask around and find one that people are very happy with.
    yoga is great too, but i would recommend finding an instructor to be sure that your posture is correct.
    i wouldn't really spend money on a massage. they will loosen the muscles, but that will be a temporary relief. if bones are out of place, or rotated, then that will cause the muscles to spasm, or tighten...the bones need to be in the right place, and your body will need constant reminding of where they belong for a while. it is not uncommon to see a chiropractor several times a week until your body holds its adjustments longer. i recommend once you are pain free to continue with your chiropractor once a week for the rest of your life for optimum health!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• also, when a chiropractor takes x-rays, they will do it while you are standing, and they will get a different perspective than a medical dr.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 16, 2011