What are early signs of cancer?

Alarmingly high white blood cell count- A week after an antibiotics shot and a full course of doxcycline. My doc wants me on Cipro... She said they found something in my urine but cant tell me until Monday at my app. Can you even detect cancer in pee?? What could such a high white cell count mean??

Thanks moms :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Health

• Found this...
    What can the presence of white blood cells in the urine mean?

Urine is a generally thought of as a sterile body fluid, therefore, evidence of white blood cells or bacteria in the urine is considered abnormal and may suggest a urinary tract infection such as, bladder infection (cystitis), infection of kidney (pyelonephritis). White blood cells may be detected in the urine through a microscopic examination (pyuria or leukocytes in the blood). They can be seen under high power field and the number of cells are recorded (quantitative).

White cells from the vagina or the opening of the urethra (in males, too) can contaminate a urine sample. Such contamination aside, the presence of abnormal numbers of white blood cells in the urine is significant.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 5:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Infection of some kind. Cancer, don't know about that.

Answer by louise2 at 4:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I am sure you are fine. In my urine they found red blood cells which means blood. I had a really bad uti and I did have both. However, I do not know how high mine were. Hugs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:35 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Sounds like an infection.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 5:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Probably just infection.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 9:42 AM on Apr. 17, 2011