What are some on the go breakfasts & dinners to avoid drive thru

During spring/summer we are slammed with getting kids to all their activities and we always end up running out the door and getting dinner at fast food place on the way home or pizza. I am looking for some dinners I can throw in tupperware or pack in a cooler to take on the road. I am a decent cook so can make almost anything. It just needs to be portable or quick so they have time to eat before running out the door.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Burritos - wrap them in something to avoid mess
    Bagel Sandwiches - cream cheese & anything else you may want/like on it I've had it with salmon this way
    Pasta Salad, Potato Salad, Taco Salad
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:38 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• fresh fruit is always good for a quickie breakfast!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• egg sandwiches, fruit & yogurt, a "waffle sandwich" with peanut butter inside
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:53 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Bags of trail mix, muffins, breakfast burritos (make the night before and nuke in the am), boiled eggs, breakfast pizza (crescent rolls, eggs, bacon eggs, again make the night before and nuke),
    For evening: Cold pasta salad, german potato salad, sub sandwhiches, veggies pizza (cooked, flatten crescent rolls, w/ cream cheese or ranch dressing, chopped veggies and cheese)
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 9:05 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I make the kids chorizo burritos. Its a mexican sausage you have to cook, then add eggs to. It makes alot and its easy to transport. I wrap them in foil to keep them warm. I also make egg burritos for them in the morning. For lunches we do sandiwches, both plain and subs. You can pick up sub kits and make around 6 12 inch subs with every kit. My kids eat 6 inch ones so it makes 12. I pack strawberries, bananas, trail mix, homemade breads, and things like that for their snacks if were out at sports all day. I pack water, gatorade for the older kids, and bring crystal light flavor packs for the water.

Answer by gemgem at 9:28 AM on Apr. 16, 2011