My 2 year old is constipated is there any thing safe she can take/?

i gave her apple juice seemed to help but still has problems

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• is she getting too much milk/dairy in her diet? that can be constipating. things with loads of fiber will help, and maybe decrease her dairy intake.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My dd's dr reccomended giving her a supository(sp?), you would have to ask the pharmacy which one to use for a 2 yr old but they do make them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Prune juice..... It has always worked for my kids.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Plum Smart tastes good,try that

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I agree with trying to increase the fiber...and some warm prune juice might help too.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yup, prune juice, apple juice both worked for me. DO not give apple SAUCE. My mom told me to do that, and since it has pectin in it, it made it even worse.... GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:39 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• For some people, apple is constipating - in any form. Both apple and pear have pectin which can bind. Dairy is also constipating. Offer prune juice. Dilute it if necessary; the extra fluid will help. High fiber will help too. The Fiber One line has some winners. Their apple cinnamon muffin mix was a hit at our house.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• JUST WENT THREW THIS, with my DS. There is a suppository you can give her. Go to like Drug Warehouse, Rite Aid, WalGreens and ask the tech there where the child suppository is. Or you can buy the Miralax(bottle) and take one of her bottle file water to the 8oz line and put in 17grams of of the miralx. give her 2oz morning and night, after 2 days if she aint flowing give her 3oz morning and night. Thats what my son dr said and it has been a mirecal work for us!! Hope things get better mom.
    Manda725

Answer by Manda725 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• apple sauce
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 12:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Oh...I asked my mother about this last night because I thought of it and wondered what she did for us...she said "blueberries are better than any poop medicine"...she also said she would have given us coffee...but I'll hold out on re-dishing that advice. LMAO
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:48 AM on Apr. 17, 2011