Signs of autism

what are the signs of autism in a 15 month old

grammie222

Asked by grammie222 at 9:06 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• did you try googling it?
    Do you think your child has Autism?? If so, why are you feeling that way?
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• not pointing
    hand flapping
    no babble speak
    no eye contact
    overreaction to noise,lights,textures,smells,people

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:17 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Google it b/c you'll get answers that may be correct here or not. I dont know in a small child like that I have had sevearl people point out a child at the playgroup I used to run saying "do you think they are autistic" but in a young child I dont know. A 3yo I could kind of tell but younger nah. The ones that I have intereacted with or thought to be autistic didnt respond to their name, kind of always did their own thing, no eye contact, couldnt really communicate with them at all...... but I really odnt know what I am talking about in the relm of this.

Good luck & go see a doctor with your concerns.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:24 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• DD is autistic but met all of her milestones. She has Aspergers Syndrome. At 15 months with classic autism, look for little eye contact, overreaction to things in the environment (sounds, food textures), no words/babbling, not following your pointing or looking at something. 15 months is very young for a diagnosis. See what the doctor says at your 18 month check up and follow up with Early Intervention if the doctor sees any delays.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• If you have any concerns, please call early intervention in your area and request a developmental evaluation. It's free and they can give you the best answers. If there is a problem, it's so important to catch it early!!

Answer by missanc at 3:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• do some research
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• not liking alot of stuff not talking and im not to sure throwing ungodly fits
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 17, 2011