who has had more then 2 c-sections?

I have had to and I want to have another baby how many should you have ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think the general consensus is that you should stop after three, but many women have had more than that.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:09 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• u can have 2 for sure..b/c i have a few friends who had c- sec with their kids..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• In some areas you will find doctors that refuse to take you on as a patient if you have had three C-sections and want another baby. The risk is of the uterus rupturing and because of insurance laws, they don't want the liability.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• *sighs* touchy subject, but I'll make it brief.

2 babies via cesarean, got pg with third, incision SPLIT at 9 months, UTERINE RUPTURE AND PLACENTAL ABRUPTION , our baby girl died..
    Be very careful. Everyone heals from a cesarean different. If you go on ivillage there are women whove had 7.....I wish I would've tried vbacs :(
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:29 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Anon 11:12 is right. A 4th cesarean (sometimes a third) is high risk...I could get pregnant again, but id be high risk, risking my baby's life and my life...and finding a doc willing to take me on...idk...
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:30 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• omg im sorry babycakes254! Ive had 2 c-sections and now im scared to have another baby! Can the doctors tell if something is wrong before hand? were you having trouble throughout your pregnancy?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• my sister has had 3 and every thing went fine.
    Jolenemom2

Answer by Jolenemom2 at 12:54 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Yes, babycakes I'm so very sorry for your loss . . . poor little angel. I have also had a c-section and MIL wants 3 more . . . don't think so . . maybe one. My 6lber was too big for my pelvis . . . I lost a baby at 6 months.  I was devastated and, frankly, useless for a year.  My heart breaks for you and your husband.  Please find comfort in knowing that the only thing your baby ever knew was love.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I have had two then I had a vaginal birth. I'm 29 weeks pregnant and planning another vaginal birth. You may want to look into that option if you are afraid of another c-section.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:55 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I've had three, and my third was much harder to recover from than the previous two. I had a lot of scar tissue that had to be removed (a result of the previous sections) and of course now I had three kids ... so that didn't make things easier. It was by far the most painful of the three, and I ended up with a uterine hematoma that ruptured 2 weeks PP, which was absolutely frightening. So, yeah, you can do more than two, but they get harder and harder to bounce back from. My kids are worth it, obviously, but you need to be prepared for what it might be like.
    Anonymous