No More Easter Eggs for kids! Now, we have "Spring Spheres".

Okay, this is just nuts!

http://www.allproudamericans.com/spring-spheres-or-easter-eggs.html

What are your thoughts?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:42 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• That is so stupid!! Call them freaking spring eggs!!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:42 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• So stupid.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I think the woman said it best already. If you dont want to participate in the holiday, then dont. Stop trying to force your views and opinions on people who enjoy celebrating a holiday is what I would tell those who are so offended. They are doing exactly what they claim believers do, trying to force their point of view on us.

Answer by gemgem at 9:44 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Oh, now "spring eggs" I could get behind because there ARE different names for them depending on your religious views. We have Ostara eggs in our house... But Spring spheres is stupid!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 9:45 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• WHAT? Christmas is now WINTER Holiday! Whats next?

Mothers day = she that gave birth day
    Fathers day = he that helped create me day
    Thanksgiving = lets eat day
    Memorial day = cook out day
    Labor day = an extra sunday this week day

While the above may not be "religious" days...The world may keep taking Christ out of the world but ONE day Christ is going to take the WORLD or out of this world. I hide eggs that have "the message" in them (a cross/ a cloth etc) and then after all are found the kids hear the REAL easter (every year) I have one friend who finds it "offensive" to tell her child this "story" yet they come every year........
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 9:49 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Uncle Sam needs to grow a spine & stop allowing other groups tell a large Christian following they cant celebrate their beliefs. Other countries would tell you to pound sand if you tried that w/ them. (no pun intended) -lol
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• holy crap...this is just stupid,and i think i will step away for the morning.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:56 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• WOW this is just stupid!!! Like i always say if you dont celebrate it then keep to yourself adn leave people alone that do!!!
    lucasmommy519

Answer by lucasmommy519 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I thought it was freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Regardless of its (varied) religious origins, the term easter egg has become a part of our culture. It's silly to deny that cultural relevance over the fear of offending someone with a tenuous religious tie.
    TikiWiki33

Answer by TikiWiki33 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 16, 2011