Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump


Anyone else ever have that problem where they have a larger ribcage and smaller breasts?

According to my boobs I am an A/ B but they don't make 40B's and if i go up to a C I have enough room to fit china in my bra too.

What do you do, I'm tired of having sore ribs and floppy bra syndrome


Asked by zoejains_momma at 10:00 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Shopping

Level 28 (35,675 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • Go for a professional fitting at a place like Nordstroms or a mastectomy store. They will order something that fits if they don't have it in the store. I have the opposite problem. I measure a 28D. I end up buying a 32C and taking it it. I get breast pain if I don't have excellent support. Have you tried a bra-back extender?


    Answer by JSD24 at 10:06 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

  • Try the Cacique brand. Lany Bryant carries them and does free fittings. I wear an odd size too and I usually buy them online (they don't carry all sizes in all stores - I believe you can order in-store to be delivered to a store too if you don't want to order online).

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

  • athletic bras

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

  • I havent tried an extender and don't know where to pick one up..

    Comment by zoejains_momma (original poster) at 10:13 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

  • I used to have that problem too. I was a 34F. I had never even heard of that. I had to go to a specialty store to find a good bra

    Answer by mray684 at 11:36 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

  • I agree with one of the prior answers, I would go to a specialty store, like Victoria's Secret. They may be able to put you into something that is comfortable. I hate it when bras don't fit right. It is so uncomfortable.

    Answer by 3mom627 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2011