What else do you get for a crib...?

i have the bumper pad, the mattress, the sheets, the mobile, the music heartbeat teddy bear, the cute lil toys on the side that they can pull at son on and so forth and a few stuffed animals in the crib at the end for him to kick at... but is it really worth buying a forty dollar one you stick on the side that moves, plays music and lights up?
is there something else i can get for him since he loves to spend time in his crib with his toys?

proudmommy_0811

Asked by proudmommy_0811 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no toys in the crib,they're a suffocation hazard

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• hmmm well iused a breathable bumber instead of a regular bumber. but besides that nope. if he likes to spend alot of time in the crib then id say one of those things that hangs on the sides makes music and lights up is a good investment.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:06 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• No toys in the crib except for at playtime while you are sitting there watching him. at bedtime remove the stuffed toys and unnecessary bulky blankets, all suffocating hazards. Personally my son was rarely in his crib. He slept in my bed til he was 4 mo, then when he was in his crib it was only to sleep. All I ever had was a mobile.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:08 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I have heard the light-up toys are the one thing you really need to get (I got mine used for $10 but it was too late)

They get used to the noise and sounds and later on, when they are trying to learn to self-soothe and put themselves back to bed, they can play it (or you can) and it puts them right to sleep.

Other than that, all I had was a breathable bumper and a mobile.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• When we had our son, we had a breathable bumper, crib sheet, mobile, and a light up jungle themed toy attached to the crib. I never put stuffed animals in because I was scared he would suffocate on them.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:32 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My oldest never cared for the heartbeat bear. My youngest had a mobile and when she was able to sit up we had one of the attached things that has mirror rattles etc. Honestly that's all that was ever in the crib(excluding blankets and blankie) until about 10 months ago(she'll be 3 next month lol) then it was my beanie pillow and small Disney characters. Currently there arw so mny stuffed animals including a giant Eeyore that there's a lot of rearranging when its naptime and bedtime
    ShamrocksNroll

Answer by ShamrocksNroll at 10:49 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I had a bumper but never used it. There really isn't a reason for them, they are a suffocation hazard and the breathable ones are too thin to help prevent bumps. We had the mattress cover, a fitted sheet, baby blanket, a memory foam pillow when he was big enough, a mobile, and a crib attachment that played music when you hit the buttons, my son loved that.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 11:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• i think you bout got it maybe even a little to much and if you are worried about suffocating why wold you have them sleep with you thats just as bad to cassie kellison
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 10:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My grandson loved the one that plays music and shines stars, etc on the ceiling
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 10:02 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• the toys that i have on his crib are attachment toys that hook to the side... but when he has the rattles and other one's he's in the crib im right next to him watching him...
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Apr. 16, 2011