If you get paid by CCS...

I'm thinking of watching my sisters kids during the week so she can pull them out of daycare. She's on CCS (daycare assistance) and I was wondering how difficult it is to work with them. Also I need to know what kind of cap there is on how much they pay. The daycare charges $200 a week for a 4 year old and an 18 month old and I would need at least $300 a week for it to be worth me quiting my job. Do you think CCS would pay that. Really any information or experiences would be great.

AmazingAmanda

Asked by AmazingAmanda at 10:14 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• They're not going to pay you more than they would a daycare

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:15 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• in order for them to pay you,, you have to take classes and become certified and that coasts money no they will not pay a higher rate they pay depends on the mother/father income Honestly i do not think it will be worth it for you when i had ccc my daycare was 170 a week and they only covers 70.. so i payed out of pocket the other 100 a week... GL
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• No, they won't pay 300 a week.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:20 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• You would need to be a licensed child care in order for them to pay you. 

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I recieved daycare assistance last year and I only got $110 dollars a week for my 2 kids so I had to pay $40 our of my pocket to cover the rest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• They dont pay that much. You would have to get licensed by the state first. You call them and tell them you are interested in doing that. Then they put you on a list of providers. You can probably get your sisters kids in your house, and then pick up more kids if you want more money. They pay you directly so it is guaranteed money. My ex mil used to do this.

Answer by gemgem at 10:32 AM on Apr. 16, 2011