Groom walk down asile?

I'm planning my wedding =]
And I have an idea that I think is wonderful, but others might think it's tacky. Please give honest opinions?

My idea for ceremony=

Flower petals as the "aisle" with an archway at the end against our fence with a curtain. (I'm standing behind the curtain, nobody knows i'm there except for bridal party and groom)

The bridesmaids are escored down the aisle by groomsmen as tradition would have it.

But then, my fiance comes to stand at the end of the aisle and the best man, and maid of honor pull down the curtain to show the bride!! =]

Groom walks down aisle to me.

Tacky or would you find this very sweet? Knowing my husband to be, he'd run down the aisle to me =]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Holidays

• It YOUR wedding it good to be unique!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• It would be different. I kind of like the tradition of the bride walking down the aisle and being able to see her beautiful dress and watching the groom squirm waiting. Truly though it is your wedding and whatever you want to do is up to you.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:21 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I think it would be super cute personally.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:23 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I don't mind either way...walking on my father's arm etc. But my Brother's wedding, my sil was walked down by her dad, and my sis was walked down the aisle by our dad...I'd like to do the same. But it's such a small wedding with close family, I'd like to do something unique. =]

I'm excited about my idea, but wonder if our families would think it was touching? Husband and I will release two doves at the end and walk down aisle together into the house afterward.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Im all about your wedding being tailored to you! My parents want to renew their vows. We saw a spoof on youtube where the wedding party dances down the isle and my dad is in love with the idea! I think it would fit them soooo well!
    Go for it girl!
    Jayseeka

Answer by Jayseeka at 10:26 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• It's your wedding, if this is how you want to do it, because this is the idea you want, then do it. If the reason you're wanting to do this is because you're looking for something different from how your relatives did theirs, then you could also consider having you and the groom walk each other down the aisle, or have you both come in like from the sides (maybe even escorted by your parents), then meet in the middle and have your parents walk down the aisle and take their seats, then you and the groom walk down together.

Anyway, just a couple of ideas - not that there's anything wrong with your idea (just this way, everyone gets a chance to see you in your dress, the way a pp mentioned :-) ) - it's your wedding, and as long as you aren't being obnoxious or a bridezilla about things, and are considering what your groom wants, too, then do it how you like :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:32 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Oh, and I should add that when I say being obnoxious, I'm not talking about choices in decor or style or how you do the ceremony or anything, I mean one of those people who do things like demand that everyone and their brother has to cater to you. Things like expecting parents to pay for a wedding they can't afford, demanding that their bridesmaids refrain from getting pg because it could interfere with the wedding, insisting that it all has to be YOUR way, even if it's the exact opposite of what the groom wants, etc. (I've seen or heard of women who have done all of these things!)

I'm NOT saying that's what you're doing AT ALL - just wanted to clarify what I meant by obnoxious bridezilla :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:35 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I wouldnt do it myself, but its your wedding.

Answer by gemgem at 10:35 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• =]

I'm starting the planning now, wedding isn't for a year, but will send the announcements 9 months in advance. So i'm slowly collecting items for wedding and reception, from Hobby Lobby, walmart etc.

My only request is that guests can get themselves to the house. People I invited live in FL and I was just out there for my sister's wedding, and grooms family lives in MT
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• It's your wedding. If it's ok with the groom. It's your and his wedding. It is different. start a new fad.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:21 AM on Apr. 17, 2011