Gas at $2.80 a gallon.

In Mexico. What are we doing wrong?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 10:35 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Taxing the shit out of it?

Answer by gemgem at 10:36 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yeah, I have to agree, it's the taxes. I think it is BS that gas is this high, for you KNOW the oil companies will still profit in the BILLIONS. Wtf IS THAT ALLOWED???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• we need to go on a gas strike. like once a week . get everybody together and not purchase gas on a particular day.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I've never understood crap like that. The US seems to get the short end of the stick on everything. I guess we get the "FAMILY" discount from the oil selling nations!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Because oil companies are businesses? There are alot of businesses making alot of money in the bad economy. I dont have a issue with that. I do however have an issue with the fact my state alone taxes 30 cents per gallon, and the Fed Govt is taxing us almost 19 cents per gallon. I am paying almost 50 cents a gallon in taxes. Our gas per gallon today is $3.79.

Answer by gemgem at 10:42 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

That would accomplish nothing. People will make up for it before or after that day.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• What are wages in Mexico?

In Europe gas has been much higher than it is here for years.....

I don't know what the difference is in how prices are determined, but I'd rather live here than Mexico.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:44 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• bahahaha 2.80 usd is what we pay a liter of Gas and FYI the normal Mexcian Makes 6-8 thousand pesos a month that is equivalent to
    about 400-700 usd a month. Yes that is the Norm. A great paying job here in Mexico is 12,000 pesos still not even a thousand usd a month. So please go bitch about our low gas prices by the liter here in Mexico where we can only get gas at PEMEX! our gas is monopolized....I miss Texas...
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Tax + Supply and Demand. That is why it is higher here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• WOW...i wish gas were that cheap here!!! It is $3.75 here where im at.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 16, 2011