How can you tell between a baby kick and baby hickups?

This is my 3rd baby you thinnk I would know, but actually I never was able to tell if it was a hickup or if it was a kick.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Hiccups are very regular I guess. You feel them every few seconds like a pattern. Kicks are more random, and seem stronger. IMO
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Sometimes you may not be able to tell, but when I was pregnant, the only way I could was when I was farther along. My babie's hiccups were short and brief, and a kick was more powerful and led to other movements. I miss that feeling! Enjoy! Also congrats on your baby!
    AdrianzMommie

Answer by AdrianzMommie at 11:00 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Hiccups has a constant rhythm to them.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• for about an hour now I keep feeling the baby and every couple seconds to a minute I feel the baby again and was just curious if it was a hiccup. I am 23.5 weeks along
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• hiccups is a lot of little taps, with a regular rhythm to them and you tend to only feel them in one spot (where the baby's head or torso are.) . Kicks are generally random, and usually in more than one place.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:09 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• This is my first pregnancy but it seems from what all the mamma's on here are saying, what I am feeling are hiccups too because they feel like little taps consistently for a little bit. And hiccups are more few and far between.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2011