Leaving your baby with grandparents for the first time!?

I just recently posted about me and my SO having a lot of problems and how not to give up because I know thte love is strong. He came to me on his own last night and talked to me and we watched tv together. He asked if I wanted to have alone time tonight and to ask my parents if they would watch our son, he is only 2 months old and I have never been all night with out him.. What should I do? I think we need that alone time to go out and back home all by ourselves with no kids, but I just don't know if it is too young to leave him or if it is just all in my head and I am to paranoid... Advice?

BraydinsMommy09

Asked by BraydinsMommy09 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Spend time with your hubby girl! If your baby is not sick or anything let him go. Easier said than done I know! My dd is 4 months and haven't spent a day without me. it will hurt my heart to leave her in July for a few days for m and hubby anniversary. Work on your marrge. GL!
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 11:06 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• It is so hard the first time, but you are right about deserving some alone time with your man. I would make it a short stay the first time and build up to longer visits. My third child is an adoption and I am finding I am having a real hard time leaving him..harder then with my first two. I am planning an outting though. Good luck to us both.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:08 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I never had a problem with my mom or grandma watching my boys when they were young. My first son was 6 months old when I first left him with my mom for a night. When my 5 month old was 2 months old My grandma watch him and my toddler for 2 days and then my mom took them for a week. I was really sick and had an emergency surgery and was stuck in the hospital. I was not worried at all. Your baby will be fine.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 11:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• They raised you ok didn't they? I'm sure the child will be fine for a night. Go get some "we" time

Answer by admckenzie at 11:23 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I personally see no reason to have my two month old spend the night elsewhere. Alone is scarce when you become a parent, but thts parenting. IMO 2 months, staying the night elsewhere, NO, maybe 2years, maybe.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:27 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I don't know, 2 months seems really young to spend the night somewhere else. But I guess I shouldn't talk, my kids have never spent the night away from me and the oldest ones are 5.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Your baby will be fine. Your parents had children and know what to do. Your hubby needs you and he stated that. He needs you to show him that your life is not all about the baby and that he is still important. It's good for couples to have alone time.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Well Missy your mom raised you and you came out ok, so what makes you think she would'nt treat your baby the same. She knows what she is doing and if you can't trust your own mom, then who can you trust.....have fun
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I think I just have this fear that my baby needs me or him (more me) and I don't want to leave him anywhere.. I trust my parents with him, they are great parents. Just scared I think.. But I don't want our love to fall apart either because it is going down pretty fast..
    BraydinsMommy09

Comment by BraydinsMommy09 (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Our son spent the night away for the first time at 5months, and only because we were moving and had no other options (no where to sleep that night at the old house or the new one). He did fine :) I have an amazing MIL who takes him once a week for an overnight (started at 8 months) and that once a week does wonders for my relationship with my DH. IF you have the opportunity, TAKE IT!
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 9:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2011