Ovarian Cyst..Concern?

I found out in the ER (I am just a sick puppy right now, but mending) last night I have a cyst on my ovary. They seem real casual about it. I will definately check in with my doc, but I was wondering if it is a big deal at all??

ochsamom

Asked by ochsamom at 11:03 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Health

• well if they get too big yes but mostly they rupture before that and can be painful. I have had them since age 14 off and on actually not as much problems since having kids.I went to ER afewmosago fora shooting pain in my vagina sorry Tmi and it was a ruptured cyst that was leaking...very painful.never had that pain with a cyst before usually its to one side or the other! Ovarian cyst are very common and usually not a big deal...Be sure to just get your exams asscheduled so you can keep an eye on them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• i get them all the time. 3 have reptured which hurts like a mother! but im fine ive had them for over 10 years now.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 11:15 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• they found one on my ovary several months ago and acted that way too. they said they were surprised to even see it because most the time the burst before they can even catch them on an ultrasound. They are very painful though and it does FEEL like a big deal so i know what you are going through
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:15 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• You get them every month. They just normally burst. Sometimes they don't and they hurt like heck. I was scheduled for surgery for them and it burst 2 days before surgery. YAY!!! They are common which is why they didn't over react.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:25 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I too get them pretty often...they hurt but they aren't particularly dangerous. Most ER docs will be pretty nonchalant about it because they aren't OB/GYN so they tell you to follow up with an OB/GYN.

michcous

Answer by michcous at 11:28 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Thank you Mommies, I feel releaved...it also explains this wierd pain I get that I call the "pinchies". Every now and then I get pain there. It hurts like someone was pinching me from the inside. I had a partial hyster. so I thought it was just me ovulating. Now I see it was probably the cysts you were refering to.
    ochsamom

Comment by ochsamom (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I get them, too. Only one actually had to be cauterized, but I was on some very strong hormones that month, so I think that messed with me.

Mostly, they just come and go. You get to know what the rupture pain feels like, so it is often manageable at home.. . . depending.

Hang in there . . . this is just one more of the many wonderful things that women deal with . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I've had 3; 2 during pregnancy. All 3 went away on their own. No worries...
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I have one according to my doctor and she didn't seem too concerned. I don't feel anything either.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Thank you ladies..I will be callin the gyno on Monday. Hopefully this will be one of life's lil aggravations

ochsamom

Comment by ochsamom (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2011