Baby Shower

Any Ideas?? its a boy :) and Im looking for game ideas... ANYTHING lol... We have one game already.. the candy bar game.. looking for a few more... any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated... Ive looked online for game ideas.. and would like them to be unique.. no pin the diaper on the baby! lol...

also.. the shower is gonna be held for 2 hours.. so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.. thanks ladies!

KaylynnsMommie2

Asked by KaylynnsMommie2 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• apples to apples. but maybe try to make your own set of cards that is baby related? or just the regular game. that game is always fun.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• ive never heard of this game...how do you play?
    KaylynnsMommie2

Comment by KaylynnsMommie2 (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• YOu can play my water broke and get the ice cube trays with the babies in them. The first person whose baby is lose from the ice cube wins I believe.
    http://www.amazon.com/Water-Broke-Baby-Shower-Game/dp/B002KR9K98

You can also do the bottle game. We did that one. You get some 4 oz or 8 oz bottles and fill them and have people suck on them and the first person to empty the bottle wins.

Answer by gemgem at 11:21 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• You could do the taste test the baby food and guess what it is game - several little dishes of baby foods, the mom to be has to taste and guess (with everyone guessing how many she will get right), or everyone tasting to see how many they get right. Don't just do the basics like peas - do the meals that have multiple items in them.

I've also seen a game where there's a bowl of rice and there are a bunch of the tiny safety pins in them (like the little brass ones), and people are blindfolded and you have to sort through it with your fingers, picking out the pins. Whoever gets the most wins.

We're stationed in Japan, and one game I've seen here that's gotten some laughs is pass the pacifier hot potato. Each person has a set of chopsticks and you have to use them to pass the pacifier from person to person, when the music stops, you're out. If you drop it, you have to pick it up with the chopsticks.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:23 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• The purse game. Have a list ready of what possibly could be in someone's purse (ex. mascara, book of stamps, baby pictures) and have women go through their purse and whoever has the most stuff on the list wins.
    Winner takes All. Pass a piggy bank around the room and have everyone put change in it. Then, have people write down their guess at how much is in it. Have someone go into another room and count it. Whoever guess the closest gets a bottle of All laundry detergent and give the piggy bank to the mamma to be w/all the money in it. Get it?
    Hope you have fun at yours! Mine is tomorrow.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:23 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Give every lady a celebrity baby name. Put it on their back. Have them walk around asking yes or no ques to find out who the baby on their back is. Great for groups so they can mingle.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Thanks girls :) YEa my shower is June 4th... but my sis in law whos throwing it told me to be thinking about what kinds of games id like to play at the shower... and this is my second baby but ive never had a baby shower beofre... ive heard of the candy bar game and thought that sounded fun :) so ive been looking on the net for games.. but ive seen all those on the net before... Im thinking about the baby bingo and the bottle game thanks ladies!
    KaylynnsMommie2

Comment by KaylynnsMommie2 (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Some great suggestions from a baby shower I recently went to: Put a sticker on the bottom of a plate, and on the bottom of a cup. When everyone's sitting down eating, let people know that one the bottom of each of these dishes is a sticker and whoever the lucky person was to get these dishes wins a prize. This one's easy, especially since no one knows about it till after they sit down.

Another thing is, when everyone first arrives, have them self-address an envelope, so when Mommy to be is sending out her thank yous, she's got all her envelopes already addressed, she just has to personalize her thank you cards. This saved my friend a huge amount of time, and energy, when she wanted to spend that time with her little one.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:31 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• here are a few. we're doing "build baby's library" shower so lots of my game ideas are book focused.
    Children's Classics memory: The matches are the book title and a picture from the book. We're using Goodnight Moon, I'll Love you Forever, Where the Wild Things Are, The Litte Engine that could, Dr Seuss' ABCs, etc.
    Another game I'm considering is making a list of childrens book titles, some real, some not. And whoever guesses the most "real" titles wins.
    There's the string game. Pass around a ball of yarn and scissors and have everyone cut off a length they think matches the mother-to-be's belly circumference. Whoever's yarn is closest to the right size wins.
    Pin the baby on the belly. Tape an X on the mother-to-be's belly and then blind fold the guests and have them try to stick baby cut-out on the X.
    Fill a tray with diaper bag items (diapers, wipes, tissues, bottles, etc) have everyone look at the items for a
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 11:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• minute and then take the tray out of the room. Have everyone right as many things as they can remember.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 11:42 AM on Apr. 16, 2011