At what age do you think a baby can be spoiked?

As far as wanting to be held? My LO is almost always irratible. He plays by himself for very shorts periods of time. He usually cries when getting changed, and often.in the car. However, he is still suffering from acid reflux and is teething so its hard to tell. I also think babies go through bordem stages when they cant quite get around yet. What are tour thoughts?

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think babs can be spolied, not at lease uring the first year. My son learned to walk at 9 mos, but always wanted me or his dad around or in close proximity, and stll he would rather cuddle with me then do some things. Walking just helped him get to what he wanted faster. It's a primitive instinct to want to be close to mommy. I think it's funny how adults expect babies to be so independent so young.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:30 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I don't believe you can spoil a baby. They are meant to be held. And if you need your hands, wear them.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I think that they can be spoiled at an early age and they can expect that you get them at every little whimper. I had to stop myself from responding to every little whimper and only respond to those cries that actually meant something was wrong. Otherwise I know that she was fed, changed, and in a safe place with toys to entertain her. BTW mine still suffers from reflux at almost 3. I know it is difficult but if they are on the right medication then you won't have much whining from the symptoms of the reflux, but the teething can exacerbate the reflux symptoms. B/c your LO is teething then you have a catch 22 b/c you don't always know what it is wrong.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:33 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I have honestly never met a spoiled child at any age.  My friends little girl, my friend loses a lot of friends because they think her daughter is "spoiled".  In reality though, her daughter isn't actually use to playing with other children and has to be taught how to share just like any other child.  Maybe teenagers?  My 18 month old at some point during dinner absolutely has to sit on her daddys lap and have him feed her.  Spoiled?  I've been told that.  But I think well, why wouldn't she want to sit on daddys lap and be cuddled and fed.  I don't know, someone give me an example of a spoiled toddler, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• depending on what it is.. somewhere between 2-5 ... but anything 1 and under you cannot spoil if you tried..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• im a "cuddler" at the NICU. my job is merely to hold babies and give them attention. you can NEVER spoil a baby or child or adult TOO mcuh. never ever ever.
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I meant spoiled!
    mlmsm928

Comment by mlmsm928 (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Haha thanks..the carrier is just such a pain because hes 9 months old..but i guess its good exercise...
    mlmsm928

Comment by mlmsm928 (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Domoniquews i agree with you 100%
    mlmsm928

Comment by mlmsm928 (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• You can spoil a child from the day they are born!! My ds i know is spoiled. He didnt like to lay on his belly so i layed him on his back and he still even fussyed and has a flat spot on the back of his head. but he also had colick. My ds choose me of his daddy every day, due to fact i give in easy then his daddy!! And im having a hard time with him listening and doing the things we are trying to get him to do such as potty train. So be tough mom!! try and not to spoil as much anymore mom!!
    Manda725

Answer by Manda725 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2011