Getting a Medical History from Dead Beat Sperm Donor

When I was pregnant with my daughter her biological father and I split up because of his multitude of problems that he never dealt with. For a while I was willing to let him participate in her life, but then he started to become irresponsible about it and I told him to just get lost, not to mention the fact that he threatened to kill me a time or two (yeah, we see how far he got with that) and actually hit me a few times. Anyway, now I am faced with having to track him down to get a full medical history from him because my daughter is having some problems that the Doctors and I are having a rough time sorting out. Should I be as anxious as I am? I've already had two Xanax (or how ever you spell it) today, and still have not heard back from him. FYI he doesn't know where we live and would be in danger if he came here (I have a wicked step father who doesn't care for him much). Am I being irrational?

Singingmommy01

Asked by Singingmommy01 at 12:23 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Health

• I would bypass him if you can and call his mother or someone else in his family. Let them know it is important and you don't expect anything out of them other than what information you need. If you have specific questions the doctors want to know, have them ready so you don't forget anything and can give them specific questions you need so they don't think you're fishing for info or anything. Just do what you have to do.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:27 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i agree with kabbot01
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:28 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I agree with kabbot01 also. I hope your DS will be okay.
    Xee

Answer by Xee at 2:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Remember you are only doing this for your child....
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 5:13 AM on Dec. 2, 2008