Does any one else feel guilty about "gaining weight" with there pregnancy?

Before I have a million moms bashing me Im not starving my baby or jumping to the extremes ok, good. Im on baby #4 and for some reason I kinda just feel fat with this pregnancy. Yes I get that im pregnant and beautiful baby, and there little gifts and all that jazz but our youngst baby is 10 months old. So I know im carrying the weight of 2 pregnancy's but Im feeling kinda depressed about it. My D.H. keeps telling me "I love you, your beautiful, stop tripping, your so sexy and comments like that but its just hard to believe when I feel like I've been wearing maternity clothes for almost2 years straight. Anyone else go through the same or similar thing and can offer words of wisdom? THank you in advance for reading!!

timbrikaylamom

Asked by timbrikaylamom at 11:31 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I've basically had 4 kids back to back and this pregnancy has me confused, lol.  I don't actually feel like I've gained weight but every time I accidentally run into something with my stomach/run over one of my kids because I can't see them over my belly, I'm reminded that my belly is slightly protruding, ha ha.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I can understand how you feel. When my twins were ten months old, I got pregnant again so I was in kinda the same boat as you. I always wanted to be one of those beautiful pregnant women who just glow and look so cute pregnant, but nope, I looked like a whale! I would seriously try not to worry about it now though, because there's really not much you can do about it until the baby is born. Maybe working out a little (if your allowed) will help you feel better, but don't worry about the weight gain yet!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Women don't *have* to gain weight in pregnancy.
    Especially if they're holding on to extra weight anyhow.
    If you are aware of this it might really reduce your unnecessary guilt.
    ;-)

Some care providers don't weigh moms-to-be at all, mine didn't. I didn't have a scale at home either...
    (*I was curious so I weighed myself anyhow, when I was out. I gained 65 pounds.)

Take care to eat well, make great choices and 'gain' whatever Nature decides is Right for You in This Pregnancy.

Best wishes!
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2011