Any idea's ladies...?

i am a simple romantic with the soft spot for the traditional side... but as i'm looking up idea's for wedding vow's im starting to debate with myself over sticking to the traditional vow's or writing our own vow's but then again... i dunno how...
so should i just stick to the traditional vow's and make it easier on myself and future husband to be or should i try to be fancy and write my own... i know it's really my choice but your input really helps :)
as with this keep in mind my wedding is may 21 2011 and i still have a good chunk of things to do and so far its been me planning i don't have a maid of honor yet or have anything like that figured out :(

proudmommy_0811

Asked by proudmommy_0811 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Holidays

• We had a mix of the traditional vows with a few changes. We did not say until death do us part and we also added a few lines from a favorite broadway show of ours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Which ever you choose, be sure to LEAVE OUT the obey part. LOLOL
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:07 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• You should write your own vows, everyone should. Those are your promises to your husband and to your marriage, they should be special =) I would definitel want my husband to write his own vows, things that he really means, not things that he should just say at the wedding.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 11:37 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• With as much stuff as you need to do, maybe you should go with the traditional ones. I don't know though, I tried writing my own wedding vows and gave up because I was stressing over them so much, couldn't get them perfect...now we are renewing our wedding vows this year, and again I have been debating, but I don't know if I want to go through all that stress again!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:38 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

•  Maybe you could write out the *traditional* vows, and then change the wording and/or order?  Putting it odwn on paper might make it easier.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 11:38 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• down, not odwn.  lol.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I don't like public speaking so I went with the traditional repeated vows. I never formally wrote any vows but I like to take more intimate moments to tell him those special things that need to be said such as when on our honey moon or when it's just the two of us hanging out.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 11:54 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• try just waiting till the moment and speaking from your heart, those always seem like the best ones to me .......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I would stick to the traditional vows. You may not like each others vows ;o))
    Jerzymom

Answer by Jerzymom at 9:53 AM on Apr. 20, 2011