Am I the only one?

Are there any more "Bah Humbug'ers" out there besides me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Just for Fun

• me its going to be a hard christmas tg my boys wont remember it
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:37 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Nope, I just remember the true meaning of the season. I know it's gonna be hard for lots of folks. It's time we teach kids that $$ doesn't make Christmas, WE do. I remember my mom telling me about a Christmas during the Depression when my grandfather could only afford a new pair of socks and an orange for my aunts and my mom. Talk about love!! PLEAS teach your kids as they get older. Even if you're not religious, it's still can be taught as a time of love
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 1:19 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I start out bah-humbug but then I can't help but get into it! I always make sure regardless of whether we have $ or not that my son picks out a toy and we take it to the local fire station for their Toy's for Tots. He has asked why we can afford that toy and not one that he wants, I explain to him that we have to remember the truley needy. We have a home, clothes, food, utilities, and he has plenty of toys. I always make sure he has his traditional Dinner and stocking stuffers. Grandma usually buys him what he really wants lol.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:04 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Yep. I am
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 3:30 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Nope, I am 42 and I have 5 kids. I have been throug a divorce, worked 3 jobs while going to night school with no child support, had our home foreclosed on, lost cars, pets, family members, had every utility shut off a dozen times or more, gone hungry so my kids could eat...the list goes on...life is difficult! We all have problems. We all go through hard times. I would never make light of what someone else is going through. My point is...I have seen people who have it really hard and it makes me sooo thankful for what I do have...family and love...I don't mean to be all sappy its just I have lived enough to realize what is really important and it is not material things! I will not let adversity piss on my holiday!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• MY FAMILY ALWAYS DOES THEN WE REMEMBER HOW LUCKY WE ARE, MY DAD AND MY SISTER WERE SERIOUSLY HURT IN AN ACCIDENT ON CHRISTMAS DAY 1999. IT'S ROUGH BUT WE GET THRU IT.
    Nettye

Answer by Nettye at 12:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2008