finally regular, but now 2-3 weeks late

So, here's my story...I was on ortho tri cyclen for 10 years, went off it and it took 3 months to get my period, then when it finally got regular I missed it and am 2 1/2 weeks late, but two HPTs say Im not prego. I had sore nipples the week i should have gotten it, but that symptom went away and AF didn't come. then I had cramps and now they are gone and still nothing. what gives? I know it takes a while to get back on track, but what;s with the symptoms and no AF, etc???

xox

Asked by xox at 12:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• im sorry im no help
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 12:36 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It varies from women to women, I continued with the exact same schedule of periods when I went off the pill as I had when on it (six years). I know lots of women who got pregnant the first time they had sex without using contraceptives (or even just missing a pill), so the whole "clearing the system" thing isn't really true, either.

It's all about hormonal balance. The fact that you're missing a period but getting negative tests COULD be just test error (some women never get a positive, yet are pregnant), or your hormones could still just be out of whack.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:40 AM on Dec. 2, 2008