What have you done to better humankind?

Have you done anything to benefit mankind, or do you live your life looking out for #1.

It can be something as small as giving your old clothes to good will up to something as big as starting your own charity. How have you bettered your fellow man/woman in your life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes I have but (no offense to the others) I don't feel the need to brag about it.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:49 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• We give our used books and computer software to the library.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• brought up two little girls who are blind to color,race, personal religion, gender and have kind caring hearts who will one day change the world.
    we grow our own organic fruits
    donate our used clothes, shoes and other items to those in need.
    Anonymous

• Let me add, that I don't feel the need to brag because, to me, it just seems to take away from the act.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• We do lots to help people that have less than us. Donate used cars, computers, give food and $ to food pantry's. Donate cloths, shoes, glasses.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

^^ best answer
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yes, Ive done stuff for mankind but I find listing my contributions to be lame and take away from what people do when they are being kind and good-hearted,etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I guess I have done stuff for human kind. I volunteer my time to the schools and food bank when I have time. I do not donate clothes though. I do give to charities normally as well, but with the economy being what it is have not been able to give cash.

Answer by gemgem at 1:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I always donate/give away baby stuff that my kids grow out of or don't use to women's shelters (same with my clothes, bags, stuff like that). I did quite a bit of volunteer work before I had kids. Working on reducing my carbon footprint.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I strive every day to make this world a better place. Including teaching my children to be caring and mindful of others, at all times. I volunteer at my sons' school, I volunteer at a horse rescue organization, I raise money and do the MS walk every year, we plant a garden every year to which I give many veggies to my neighbors and friends.
    I donate tons of clothes and household items to GoodWill many times a year.

sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2011