Will we see any more alarmists come down off their high horses?

Glenn Beck says he's leaving television because, like Paul Revere, he needs to get down off his horse and get involved in fighting the Revolution. I guess it was just a coincidence that FOX decided to fire him right at the same time he made this decision.

My real reason for posting is to celebrate Beck's show being canceled by way of the Jon Stewart parody video. I'm learning to celebrate life's little joys as they happen.

http://www.youtube.com/v/9JnDY2Gv5YQ

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I just feel very sorry for anyone who gets their views and opinions from the likes of Beck. Pehaps Fox will now be a little less hysterical and will cater less to the lowest common denominator of taste and intelligence.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 4:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Beck still brings in roughly 32 million with his Radio Show... I don't think he will be hurting for a salary... If Fox and Beck find it best to part ways, so be it.. Fox is a business. Any business needs successful programming that advertisers will stand behind. When it comes down to it~ It's about Money... Ask Air America about Money, Advertisers, etc..... They were an entire network.. Dismal Network.... In the big picture~. Beck is just one piece in a very successful network of Fox... I say this was probably a smart business move for both Fox and Beck...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• It's probably better that the libs don't listen to/watch Beck....the issues that Beck addresses are better suited for grown-ups!!
    ____________________
    That's not funny, despite your smiley emoticon. It's actually so far off that it comes across as irony. If you are holding up Beck as some kind of paragon for mature discussion on politics I have to wonder at your critical thinking skills.

stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Immature. I actually celebrated Keith O being fired. I take little joys when they come as well. Now onto getting Rachel off the air. Which reminds me, thanks, to send my complaint again.
    Anonymous

• I don't see it as a need for so called "alarmists" to get off their high horse, more than I see a need for the clueless pacifists to have a fire lit under them, so they wake up and actually get fired up about their futures!!

It's probably better that the libs don't listen to/watch Beck....the issues that Beck addresses are better suited for grown-ups!! LOL :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Personally, I don't find solace in someone else's life issues. It seems a little shallow to me. There are plenty of people I find to be 'alarmists', but my way of dealing with them is to just ignore them. I don't think they brainwash their audience, I think they appeal to people that believe similar things as them.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Lorikeet put it best.

Libs will be the first ones hurt when it all comes tumbling down. They need big Nanny Gov the most.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Pehaps Fox will now be a little less hysterical and will cater less to the lowest common denominator of taste and intelligence

I didn't realize FOX was a progressive/liberal channel.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Meh I only saw his show a few times anyway.I do tend to agree with alot of his opinions though.As grly said he won't go broke by far hes still got the radio show and other things.So no huge deal for him.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I agree with LK and Carpy, as well as pp who mentioned that it won't be any hardship for Beck to not be getting a paycheck from Fox any longer.

The sad fact is that if a tenth of what Beck predicts/expects to happen actually happens, it WILL be those who hate him so fervently that will suffer the most. Anyone who currently depends on the gubmint to take care of them (entirely or just FS, or medical care) will find out that 1) our gubmint can fail, and if it does, welfare of any sort will become a memory along with all gubmint employee paychecks/pensions and 2) that Beck's message was far kinder than the reality they will/or won't live through.

There are valid reasons for being self sufficient and making sure that you can feed your own family ~ and for making it a priority. The reality is that Beck preaches to the choir (based on what I've read ~ no tv here!), he wasn't really looking for converts.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2011