Imagine all the people...

What do you think if there was nothing to kill or die for. Or no religion too. Would the world be anymore peaceful? Or are we as humans hard-wired to kill each other and find ways to separate those who are 'better'? Are we self destructive creatures? No other species on earth has managed to wipe itself out like humans have. Do agree with this statement? Or do you think that the human race is an inherently good one with a few bad apples in the barrell who mess it up for all the other apples?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• "No other species on earth has managed to wipe itself out like humans have. Do agree with this statement?"

We haven't wiped outselves out. Maybe I misunderstood the question, lol. I don't believe that religion is the source of why humans hurt other humans. If there were no religion, they'd still be doing it, and likely more often. "What do you think if there was nothing to kill or die for?" I don't think that's possible. We get angry and upset over petty things and I believe that some people just have more violent tendencies than others.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 1:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• John Lennon was a good poet, but a lousy historian.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• There would still be issues because we are human and believe differently about many subjects. So someone would always have issues with another person and arguments and dislikes and such would start up.

I firmly believe if you have one thing you have to have the other...a balance. So if there is peace then somewhere there will be war/arguments.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Hm. Thats a hard one. And your right, animals only kill to stay alive. Im not sure. I think that alot of human are destructive, but not all. but the ones that are really truely harmful to the population
    AdrianzMommie

Answer by AdrianzMommie at 1:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I think we would still kill each other. It would just be over something else. Race maybe.

Answer by gemgem at 1:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• "And your right, animals only kill to stay alive"

Is that why hamsters will eat each other? :)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 1:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I believe religion is just one of many things that are used as justification for unjustifiable violence and hatred. It doesn't stem from these things, and removing these things would merely leave mankind to find other things to fight over or divide ourselves over. These things, like religion, aren't to blame for the wrong and violence done in their name - religion is a neutral system that calls us to being better, that reflects the ideal of what humanity can be - it is the individual/s who misuse these things and it is the individual/s who is/are wrong and should be blamed.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Bad apples--every ding dang one of us. lol. It's called sin nature.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:02 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I believe that humans are naturally bad for the most part. there aren't very many who are good.
    Anonymous