Panick attack over this?( not sure where this goes)

My MIL is a wonderful lady. A couple years ago I was haveing trouble finding a swim suit so she bought me one and paid 100 bucks for it. It's really nice but I've only worn it once because I have lost a ton of weight. This year I'm in search of a new swimsuit and she says that she wants to get me another one for my birthday. She gave me website to go to and pick one off.

So I found one, it's perfect but it's $1 dollar from the free shipping. Which is $75 so they tack on $11 dollars for shipping and 6 bucks for taxes and now she is paying for a almost $100 swimsuit AGAIN. She gave me her card number so I have to put it in.

I CAN"T DO IT!! My thought went dry, my hands aare shakeing, myheart is pounding and my adrinaline is soaring. I called her to tell her the price and she said that's fine. It's a good suit and it will last a long time. But I literally can't get my fingers to type in her card.

PS my sister is useing my old suit this year.

Liamsmom09

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Is there something else you can find on that website that is cheaper then paying for shipping?  That's what I do.  Not sure how I would feel doing it with someone elses credit card though.  Maybe ask her what she thinks?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:05 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• You should just go to a regular store, You can buy a cute swimsuit for like 25 bucks..lmfao..100 bucks for something you'll wear one summer is a waste of money.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 1:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Just pay for it. No reason to have a panic attack over it. It is a gift.

Answer by gemgem at 1:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I agree with adding another cheap item to the cart and getting the free shipping. At least you'd be getting something for the money

Answer by admckenzie at 1:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• If your MIL is anything like mine was, they enjoy doing these things for people they care about. I mean if you KNOW she doesnt have the money to spend on something like that even though shes saying its ok, i cant blame you, just try to find something cheaper, but if she does have the money and just wants to get you a gift for your bday, do it girl =-)
    AydensMommy1109

Answer by AydensMommy1109 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• She wants me to buy it from this website. I have looked at other things on there and it's not a cheap place. Trust me I have looked in stores and there is not a single place around here that has something that fits me right. I have a DD on top but I'm a M on bottom.
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• AdyensMommy- she does have the money and she does this kind of stuff all the time. If fact she took all of us out to dinner last night.

I however do not spend that kind of money on things. The only time I personally have spent that kind of money on one item is when i bought my husband a guitar and his wedding band. I always use cupons and discounts on things. So spending someone else's money in a way I don't even spend my own is extremely difficult for me. Even on his ring I used discounts and took advantage of special deals. It was 900 and I got it for 500.

Plus she will end up buying me something else even though I begged her not to.
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Try finding a coupon code that you can use. There is usually one out there for every store.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I would say no then, I wouldn't do it.  It's not like you aren't appreciative but yet your still having problems with buying it.  So I would kindly tell her that I love her generousity but that I am not going to buy the bathing suit.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• JamieLK- Thanks! Great idea, I actually found one for 20% off apurchase of 50 bucks or more!

Mrs. Houston-Great Idea too but not an option, She would just buy one for me and then I'd be stuck with one I don't really like. She has done this before with other items.
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2011