Our garbage disposal stopped working?

Last time this happened a repair guy came and he just flipped the switch and still had to pay $50.00 bucks...ugh! I did flip the switch and nothing. I did flip it before the guy came and didn't do nothing for me.

It's one of those things when you feel sick and you go to the doctor and you're feeling better so it makes it looks like you are lying.
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Is it stuck? You can use an Allen wrench and go under the disposal. Twist it both ways until it turns easily then hit the reset button

Answer by admckenzie at 1:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Haha you're a house hypochondriac! :P
    Once I had a repairman come out to fix our oven because it wasn't holding the temperature. He looked at me like I was a total idiot because apparently we had tin toil at the bottom from some pizza, and it covered the vents. There was nothing wrong with the oven. I felt so stupid.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• The hole for the allen wrench is underneath the disposal,, you might want to spray a bit of WD-40 after you feel it turn easy,, let it set for about 5 minutes,, if you hear a grinding sound you might have a penny or something metal caugt in it,, turn off the disposal, UNPLUG the disposal,, and fish around ,, I just had this happen,, and found a nail,, for some reason DS said, oh I thought you might find a nail,, hmmm.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Ugh, good luck!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:18 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Always check online first to do some trouble shooting.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:19 AM on Apr. 18, 2011