Do you dye your hair?

If yes, what is your natural color?
How long have you been dying it?
What color do you use?

I've been dying my hair red for 14 years( I'm 25, so a long time lol). My natural color is medium brown. What about you?

amberdawnbarr

Asked by amberdawnbarr at 1:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I was 16yrs old when I first dye my hair. I am 23yrs old.
    My natural hair color is black, thick and long heavy dark. I have dyed my hair about 4-5 times within those 5yrs. Just highlights thought. red and blonde, red has been a tought one, my hair will barely take it and blonde makes it brown highlights. I am back to black natural hair, thinking about going red but I may not really go thru it since my fiance likes it how its right now.
    20_mama_3

Answer by 20_mama_3 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I started about a year ago after my mom passed away from cancer. I wanted a change and a little pick me up. My hair is originally dark brown. I went to blonde for a while now I am coloring it darkest brown (almost black).
    hotmama_33

Answer by hotmama_33 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yes.. Horrible, horrible mistake on my part. Dh wanted it the color it was when we got together ( s light blonde) my hair was an ashy/ dirty blonde I did dye it lighter ( couldn't tell you the name) but now I dye it ash/medium blonde by John frieda. ( wanted it as close to my natural color as I could get. It's been almost a year since I first dyed my hair....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• i have dyed my hair a shade darker a few times (from light brown to chocolate brown) i like my hair both ways. I would lke to try and make it lighter but im too scared! lol
    AdrianzMommie

Answer by AdrianzMommie at 1:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yes. I was going to let the gray stay and cut out the color but then panicked and bought more dye. My hair is naturally auburn...or was before the gray set in. I try to keep as close as I can to my natural color or I'd have to change my makeup.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• my natural color is blond. It has gotten darker and darker every year. I used to be like a platinum, now I am like ash blonde. I am about to highlight it for summer. I have been 3 different shades of red, different shades of blonde, blue, purple. I kind of want to go chocolatey brown, but I don't know.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I used to but now I just do highlights.. My natural hair color is brown and I started dyeing my hair at 12 or 13 cant remember lol and I used to always dye it blond but then I dyed it back to my natural color
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I have my hair colored because I have too much grey. Its a light brown color identical to my natural hair color. I also get highlights/foils once or twice a year.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I think I started in my early to mid 20s ... natural color is brown ... I usually go between black (current color) and red. Depends on my mood to which color I choose. My favorite brand is Herbal Essences but I will use Colorsilk.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I have before, but my hair is super thick and long--way too much maintenance!! I'm just a "pony tail" type girl!
    PrincessStacy

Answer by PrincessStacy at 3:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2011