Household Tip for the Day?

Please share your tips and tricks!

Here is one: Use extra key chains to add to a hanger to create a 2 part hanger for outfits !
Hook the keychain on the first hanger, hang a second hanger from the keychain

sendcheer

Asked by sendcheer at 1:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Oh but make sure you get the 100% pure Australian oil. A lot of companies mix it with other oils, which isn't as good.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I add tea tree oil to all of my laundry. It's a natural germ killer, and it makes the laundry and washer smell fresh. It's especially great for front loading machines because it prevents mold and that musty smell that those machines can get. It also makes the laundry softer.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I'm not crafty like that so I have nothing to add but that's a good idea, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• You can get it anywhere. Target, Walmart. It's like $8-$10 for a 2 ounce bottle, which goes a long way. I got a few eyedropper tops, and I had like one dropper to the soap dispenser and maybe a half to the softener dispenser. You can use tea tree oil for pretty much anything. Mix it with water in a spray bottle for a countertop cleaner that will disinfect and smell fresh. Use it to clean the garbage disposal. Use it to remove sticky residue from bandaids or price stickers when you buy something. Use it to repel ants around the house. Dilute it for a skin toner. It's probably the best product in my house.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Tea Tree Oil is good stuff and can used for so many things. I think that everyone should have it in their house. ;)
    Love the tip you gave sendcheer, I never would have thought of that. Very clever and I may be giving it a try when I clean out my daugher's closet. Thanks!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 3:42 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• @JulieJacobKyle WOW! that is a GOOD one! Where do you get the Tea Tree Oil? How much do you add?
    sendcheer

Comment by sendcheer (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2011