Do You Let Family Walk All Over Just Beacuse They Are Family ?

If a family member does you wrong do you stand up for yourself ? or just let it go and not say anything ?

me I stand up for myself just cause you are family does not mean you can use me as a door mat!

Mom2lovingboys

Asked by Mom2lovingboys at 1:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• I stand up and say enough is enough. if i wouldn't let my friends do it I won't let my family either.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Nope. Nobody gets to walk over me.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I kind of let my mom get away with murder lol.....but she doesnt take advantage and I think most of the time she doesnt realize she's treating me like a kid lol

But no, no one else....family will treat you worse then an enemy would if the conditions are right....because of that reason I havent talked to my brother (bio-dad and his new wife...brother a year younger then me) in almost 5 years...and really have no intention of ever talking to him again...yeah he's my brother yadda, yadda, yadda but trust me....if I had met him on the street he's not a person I would be wanting to associate with
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• It depends on the family member. I don't take crap from most of them but am a push over for my grandkids. I've got one now having me babysit his newborn and I don't want to. He thinks I'm just helping him watch her except he shows up and as soon as he gets here with her he remembers something he has to do. Then he leaves "for just a few minutes" and comes back 4-5 hours later. I want to tell him to not come but when she gets to crying he's not very understanding. I don't want to worry about him watching her alone. So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. He and his gf think they are doing me a favor by visiting but they are just wanting a free babysitter bc gf doesn't want her baby in a daycare. She needs to rethink her plan or get her grandmother to watch the baby on my "visit" days

Answer by admckenzie at 2:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• No ... I don't let anybody walk all over me ... family or not.
    Anonymous

• Well, I USED to let my family walk all over me until it got to the point where other people on the outside were telling me something was SERIOUSLY wrong. I was being taken advantage of and lied on, and told what to do and I am an adult. I thought I had to take it because I was the younger one. But no. I stood up for myself and left. Now I am not speaking to said family member.
    LadyStork

Answer by LadyStork at 2:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I've stop communication with people in my family due to them treating me this way and not listening when I try to talk to them about it.
    since_3.18.93

Answer by since_3.18.93 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Hell no. I don't let anyone walk all over me. My family is majorly F---ed up so we all act crazy, some more than others, and in different ways. For the most part, my mom and sis (family I connect with the most and see regularly) are very good to me and we all love each other despite the dysfunctional drama. My in-laws are heartless people and have taken advantage of me, but not anymore!
    kazmia

Answer by kazmia at 1:41 AM on Apr. 17, 2011