1.5cm cyst?! adult content

I was diagnosed with a 1.5cm ovarian cyst because I've been having intense pain on my right side. They tell me I shouldn't have pain from such a small cyst but I DO! Now I'm bleeding after not having a period in 7 weeks. Sorry for the TMI but it started out as brown tinged mucus, to a brown bleed with black clots, now it's starting to be dark red spotting. My stomach & lower back are killing me. For a week before the bleeding, I had this snot like discharge. I made them do the works on me to see if I had any infections or anything & I don't have anything but this small cyst.

They told me to take tylenol & motrin, switch it up ya know & I've been taking them every 4-6 hours for over a week with ZERO relief.

Does anyone know why i'd have such pain with a "little" cyst & why I'd be bleeding like this? It looks nothing like a period but I'll write it off as one.

The only experience I have with cysts is the one I had in the beginning of my first pregnancy. I was pregnant so I have no idea if a cyst could stop your period or cause weird bleeding like I'm having now. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2011 in Health

• The same thing happened to me back in September. I'm sorry you're in so much pain and I hope it goes away soon. Mine only lasted a few days.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I don;t know about the bleeding, but I have ovarian cysts all the time,, I have PCOS,, but have never had a period like you describe, did they look for endometriosis? And yes they told me that a small cyst should be hurting as much, but later after going to another doctor found out they can fill up bigger and leak fluid,, do you ever have a "burning" sensation on your side? My new doc told me that is when the fluid is leaking,, good luck momma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I actually did have bleeding from my cyst. It completely freaked me out because I'd had an endometrial ablation 10 months before that and hadn't had any periods or bleeding at all until I got the cyst.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I had burning last night, before the bleeding. I couldn't stand up straight because it was going from my right side, up to the top of my stomach. I called the OB on call at the hospital & he seemed to think everything is fine. I definately don't FEEL fine at all. I've had this pain for a little over a week & was seen 3 days ago for it.
    Marix3

Comment by Marix3 (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I would go & get another opinion if you are in that much pain & bleeding or go back again to the ER.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I would go get a second opinion OR next time the pain is REALLY REALLY bad, go to the ER.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2011